Do you have a High School diploma or equivalent, or an Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science, Medical Technology or a similar science background and are looking to get a foot in the door with a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Clinical Lab Assistant / Accessioner role could be the perfect next step to your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Clinical Lab Assistant / Accessioner to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the team.
– Hours are 3rd shift Monday – Friday from 10:30pm – 7:00am
– Compensation for this position is anticipated to be between $17 – $19 per hour, dependent upon experience. If the range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
What You'll Do:
The Clinical Lab Assistant / Accessioner works in a high volume environment and performs a vital component of clinical lab science essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. The Clinical Lab Assistant / Accessioner role will include aspects such as:
- Operate basic to moderately complex laboratory equipment to process samples and input data.
- Receive shipments for the LPS departments from various couriers and perform all related tasks; resolving misrouted shipments.
- Open and clean inbound shipments.
- Ensure QC of the discarded material to prevent any failures, and report to management as needed.
- Maintain temperature of specimen in received condition.
- Scan shipments into the database.
- Follow all standard procedures for sorting and routing of samples to destination departments.
- Perform kit receipt process for inbound kits, as well as QC of requisitions.
- Provide accurate data entry of patient information and administrative entries.
- Prepare the original requisitions for hard copy archiving.
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis.
- Troubleshoot any specimen-related issues that arise.
- Scan and/or perform data entry of specimen and patient information.
What You'll Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent, or AS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or similar.
- Willingness to learn, or any previous experience in either an academic or commercial laboratory (internships included).
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.