What You'll Do:
- Manages the administration of the company’s benefit plans and programs in accordance with plan documents, insurance contracts, vendor agreements, collective bargaining agreements, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and takes charge of updates and modifications to those plans and programs.
- Leads the annual enrollment process, which includes synchronization with vendors, development of written communications, and coordination of employee information sessions.
- Participates in the strategic planning for total rewards programs, leads benefit program design, and supports compensation programs and delivery. Participates on associated committees and oversees administrative processes pertaining to health and welfare, 401(k), and pension plans.
- Reviews systems and programs to ensure benefits administration is effective and efficient, adheres to plan provision, and complies with applicable laws. Maintains policies and procedures, reports disclosures, conducts discrimination testing, and audits benefit programs. Revises and maintains all plan documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Supports preparation of data/reports for Health & Welfare and DC and DB plan audits, non-discrimination testing, and 5500 submissions.
- Responsible for vendor management. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with benefit plan carriers to ensure proper performance. Manages vendor relationships and service agreements. Reviews vendor commitments and service to insure vendors are providing excellent customer service to the company and employees. Leads sourcing efforts in evaluating potential vendors to secure cost competitive services.
- Guides employee benefits communications throughout the employee life cycle (i.e. onboarding through offboarding). Coordinates proactive communication of benefit information to Human Resources teams, managers, employees, and retirees that support employees and retirees in the use and understanding of available benefits programs. Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to managers, employees, and retirees through interpretation of employee benefit programs.
- Supports labor relations by developing relationships with company and union leadership to understand the benefit needs of bargaining unit employees and the impact on labor relations strategy.
- Supports the use of technology to deliver services to employees and retirees, enhance communications, and drive efficiency.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced benefit’s team members to maintain alignment with strategy and goals.
- Supervises the work of professional employees engaged in employee benefit administration activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 7 years professional experience in managing employee benefits, including benefits plan design, vendor management, annual enrollment, employee communications and relations, and compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, human resources, accounting or other related field
- Demonstrated effective leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and benefit program accounting and invoicing.
- Demonstrated experience with successful benefit programs strategies and practices.
- Strong working knowledge of benefit and human resources regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with a proven ability to develop teamwork and business partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, develop effective presentations and deliver presentations to groups of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills and ability to successfully perform accurate in-depth analysis.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.