Do you enjoy working with technology to find solutions and help drive business goals? Do you have strong communication skills and the ability to translate business goals and build relationships with internal and external business partners?
If so, Carex’s partner, a Health Insurance leader in WI has the opportunity for you to join their Technical Services Team as a Business Solutions Architect. The Business Solutions Architect collaborates with product, project, and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products that align with business and technical goals. This role actively contributes to the business, system, information, security, application, and technology architecture. This includes investigating, developing, and proposing initiatives to enhance or deploy new capabilities under the general direction and in partnership with business unit leaders, business analysts, and software solution providers. The Business Solutions Architect will gather, analyze, and translate business, information and technical requirements into a design blueprint which outlines solutions to achieve business objectives and organizes the development effort working with business analysts, IT, and peer architects.
This is a full-time in person, hybrid, or telecommute position
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical coordination and design leadership for development efforts by integrating business processes and technologies such as browser-based applications, relational databases, information security, core claim processing system, and other systems as required. This also includes but not limited to:
- Partner with business or executive leadership to assist in building or maintaining future vision, strategic business objective and core operating model.
- Lead project discovery and establish requested documentation to aid in project scoping.
- Complete other efforts for PMO (Project Management Office) Planning phase to assist project managers and business owners (roadmaps).
- Research, maintain knowledge, and establish/maintain relationships with solution contacts in emerging technologies and existing solutions to solve business problems.
- Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts of same errors within different applications.
- Facilitate discussions with outside application vendors as needed and participate in system design for future business needs
- Work with counterpart Subject Matter Experts to ensure design can be fulfilled through implementation
- Develop detailed systems documentation including functional specifications, design requirements, templates, layout, navigation, diagrams, maps.
- Review and analyze current systems and processes to determine requirements and opportunities for overall capability improvement including efficiency and quality
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science software engineering or related fields.
- 6+ years of experience in a combination of application design, business analysis, technical leadership, or hands-on technology implementation.
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably on high-visibility projects.
- Prior experience as a technical lead and cross functional application integration is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills – fluency in Microsoft Visio and project management tools
- Knowledge of advanced technology, business applications and the development process and systems design.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp the “big picture” with the ability to road map projects.
- Health industry experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; proficient at developing and leading presentations to large and small groups.
- Certifications or willing to obtain certification within 1 year of employment. Certifications will be in 2 of the Epic Tapestry tracks.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt training or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
This position can work 100% remotely or from the office in Madison, WI in a hybrid or full-time on-site arrangement, if preferred. Hardware and equipment will be provided by the company, but candidates must have access to high-speed, non-satellite Internet to successfully work from home.
Our partner offers an excellent benefit and compensation package, opportunity for career advancement and a professional culture built on the foundations of Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness and Relationships.