Looking to take the next big step in your career with a highly successful specialty chemical manufacturer focused on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)? This could be the role you're looking for!
– Fulltime, direct hire Chemical Facility Engineer onsite in Madison, WI
– 10+ years of experience in organic chemical synthesis, ideally in small molecules / APIs
– Opportunity to help lead research and implementation of new manufacturing facility!
– Compensation for this position is anticipated to start at $100,000+ annually.
What You’ll Do:
The Chemical Facility Engineer will help manage the manufacturing chemistry process of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) within the manufacturing facility, as well as have the opportunity to help transfer it to a new building and design the process itself! This role will directly lead the maintenance and functionality of equipment in the primary API chemical manufacturing facility, as well as serve as the lead for equipment and facility maintenance that supports the operations team. The Chemical Facility Engineer will play a key leadership role in helping to develop, design, implement and troubleshoot these processes to maximize productivity and product quality while minimizing costs and waste. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Ensure that all equipment in the facility is in safe and proper working order.
- Develop proper preventative maintenance schedule and documentation system.
- Schedule the routine calibration and perform troubleshooting of instrumentation as needed.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of qualified contractors to perform preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Evaluate and monitor the proper function of process equipment such as glass lined reactors, scrubbers, filter dyers as well as auxiliary equipment such as temperature control modules, chillers, and inert gas systems.
- Monitor air quality, flow, and pressures within the building.
- Work with chemical operations team to coordinate facility, equipment preventative maintenance, and process equipment repairs.
- Continuously improve quality and efficiency of chemical manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure the efficient operation of building utilities, HVAC, & systems equipment.
- Work with chemical operations team to identify and implement any initiatives for continuous improvements.
- Work with chemical operations team to ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Maintain chemical process equipment P&IDs.
- Work with chemical operations team to lead any efforts for the specification and implementation of new process equipment.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years experience in a chemical manufacturing environment, with knowledge of contemporary methodologies of liquid and solid transfer.
- 5+ years of leadership, as well as project management experience.
- Knowledge of process chemistry equipment and techniques, and a demonstrated ability to solve highly technical problems.
- Proficiency with the use of spreadsheet and database software to compile, analyze and present data, as well as use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- This position will also use equipment including hand and power tools, spark tester, welding equipment, forklift, electrical test devices, full-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) when required.
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.