Looking to take the next big step in your career with a highly successful specialty chemical manufacturer focused on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)? This could be the role you're looking for!
– Fulltime, direct hire Chemical Operator onsite in Windsor, WI
– 1st shift from Monday-Friday, with flexible hours between 6:30am – 5:00pm
– API/organic chemical synthesis experience ideal
– Compensation for this position is anticipated to be between $25.00 – $30.00 per hour, dependent upon experience.
What You’ll Do:
The Chemical Operator will perform chemical synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Show demonstrated success working on multikilogram scale organic chemical syntheses; reactors larger than 100 gallon preferred.
- Work with equipment including 100, 200 and 500 gallon glass-lined chemical reactors, oil heaters, fitzmill grinder, electronic balance, vacuum filters, drying ovens and forklifts.
- Perform steps in chemical reactions in strict conformance with established manufacturing procedures.
- Record accurate reaction notes, making observations throughout the processes.
- Maintain a meticulous work environment, returning all equipment to the appropriate storage location, cleaning all tools, equipment and surroundings after use. Knowledge of 5S practice is preferred.
- Maintain meticulous inventory logs of raw materials and finished product.
- Conform to applicable safety regulations including the proper handling of chemicals and use of all designated safety equipment and PPE.
- Collect and discard chemical waste in accordance with applicable internal, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Accurately maintain waste and disposal logs.
- Have ability to stand on feet greater than 50% of the day.
- Must complete forklift operator certification training. Must be able to operate a forklift safely.
- Have working knowledge of computers, internet, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office.
- Obtain, if not already trained, United States EPA RCRA Hazwoper Training.
What You’ll Bring:
- An AS or BS in Chemistry or similar life sciences OR a high school diploma and directly applicable experience.
- At least 2 years work experience in a chemical manufacturing setting is required.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow detailed instructions and keep records of reactor observations, and effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team setting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Individuals in this role must complete a respirator evaluation, as well as comply with Facial Hair policy.
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Andie Dumond directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
The compensation range for this role is anticipated to be $25-30/hr. If this range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.