Do you have a BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science or Medical Technology and are looking to learn and grow within a Global Life Science Leader? This Clinical Laboratory Technologist II role could be the perfect next step in your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Technologists to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the 1st shift team. This role is a 6 month contract-to-hire and provides exceptional experience and a foot in the door with a well-known and admired company! The position is onsite in the Westborough laboratory and is Tuesday – Saturday with a start time you choose of either 7am, 8am or 9am (8 hour shifts). Candidates with ASCP / AMT / MT / MLT / MLS strongly encouraged to apply!
What You'll Do:
The Clinical Laboratory Team is seeking a Technologist to help improve patient health and deliver quality laboratory services.
The Technologist conducts qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses within a CLIA-certified clinical laboratory that includes:
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or a related degree, and able to meet CLIA and state requirements.
- ASCP or AMT certification is ideal.
- 0-2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus.
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen.
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/