Our Partner, a leader in Property Management is hiring a Director of Property Management based in Madison, WI. In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing Regional Property Managers assigned to managing a portfolio of properties. The Director is responsible for running a professionally managed organization, maintaining property values, establishing and meeting operating budgets, developing a skilled and qualified management team, maintaining good relationships with residents, governmental agencies, investors, and clients.
What you’ll do:
- Participates in strategic planning to identify goals for the company
- Reviews with support staff to insure compatibility with overall goals and requirements
- Supports the Regional Managers in the implementation of operational planning
- Responsible for annual property and corporate budgets.
- Sets and articulates the direction for property managers, ensures that management practices and approaches are up to date, and in line with industry standards, anticipates the need for change and moving the management team forward
- Builds and maintains effective working relations between clients, vendors and other departments.
- Ensures adequate reporting systems are in place and that Regional Managers and Compliance Manager are accountable for the properties and systems they manage
- Responsible for streamlining procedures and systems to ensure that the delegation level for each Regional Manager is appropriate, performance standards are met and adequate written records of performance are maintained.
- Provides for a positive work environment for employees
- Provides on-the job and formal management training and coaching, where needed, to improve skills
- Participates in development of training plans consistent with the company’s needs
- Provides career development to make promotional opportunities available
- Works with HR to ensure staff accountability and development
- Reviews site and office procedures to make sure they are efficient, appropriate, automated where possible, and maximize technological resources
- Ensures onsite compensation is equitable, competitive and facilitates career growth.
- Maximize total return for owners through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying 2 opportunities for improved performance
- Work closely with Regional Property Managers and Compliance Manager to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Negotiate third party contracts on a portfolio level to manage discount and preferred vendor programs
- Manage cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections
- Review asset management reports to investors, owners and other partners
- Provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions, and supporting the effort of originating and negotiation of debt financing
- Involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, and leadership development
- Maintain a working knowledge of all fair housing laws and ensure consistency in upholding these laws and all company policies
- Maintain a working knowledge of all government subsidized programs and their policies and practices
- Review policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government regulation and internal efficiencies
- Establish and implement quality control for consistent company branding across all properties
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor degree and 5 years property management experience preferred or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Relevant Rural Development experience
- Extensive knowledge of business and property management principles
- Monitoring/assessing performance of regional managers and their portfolios and making changes to portfolios as necessary
- Proven leadership skills to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, and identifying the best people for the job
- Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people
- Goal oriented with proven record of achieving results
- Possess integrity and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Ability to bring and inspire energy toward the performance of a task and attainment of a goal