We're looking for a consultative Construction Manager to take on an onsite position responsible for large-scale construction projects with our partner based in Madison, WI.
- Full-time, 6-month contract
- BS + 8 years of professional construction management experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
What You'll Do:
The Construction Manager will oversee contractor evaluation and selection, safety measures, and quality control, among others. They will also monitor project progress and implement project processes in a timely, safe, and environmentally conscious manner. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage field personnel, monitor Contractor and Sub-Contractors activities, identify construction specification errors, ensure construction aligns with contract specifications and applicable codes.
- Promote a safety culture across the project and company. Coordinate with the safety department for accident and safety incident investigations, communicate findings to management, administer and monitor safety programs, and perform safety assessments.
- Measure and standardize performance using quality control and assurance processes. Use this information for process improvement (cost control, scheduling, executing, safety, etc.).
- Regularly update stakeholders about construction progress related to safety, production, risk, schedule, finance, and quality. Report any situations requiring immediate management attention.
- Collaborate with external contractors and equipment manufacturers, assist the site permitting process, manage equipment selection, project design specifications, development of project schedules, and cost estimates.
- Represent the project to local governments and communities, understand and enforce rules set by regulatory bodies (e.g., DOT, OSHA, DNR).
- Interact daily with internal project teams and customers, and supervise employees.
- Develop and ensure the completion of project Punch List, verify milestones and quantities submitted by the contractor for payment, assist in field problem resolution.
- Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation QC process.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- 8 years of professional experience in construction-related roles (management, project controls, QA/QC)
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in large electric construction, gas and electric operations, project management, or related area (Preferred)
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with labor union management (Preferred)
- Knowledge of safety rules and applicable building codes
- Understanding of construction standards, work methods, equipment, maintenance practices, and materials
- Ability to read and understand maps, plans, and drawings
- Demonstrated management skills
- Financial skills including budget development, financial report interpretation, and financial evaluations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management)
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.