Are you an experienced Engineer Techician with an AS in Engineering and at least 2 years of experience in marine vessels / shipbuilding or aerospace? This could be the role you're looking for!
This position is full-time, direct hire and based onsite in Marinette, WI.
*Shipbuilding experience is ideal, but similar industries such as aerospace are desirable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Engineering Technician II, HVAC will create functional design deliverables from engineering calculations and guidance, as well as cost effective detailed design ship production deliverables using functional design documentation. This role assists in determining the technical requirements of a project, as well as defining resource requirements to help achieve schedule commitments, and assist manufacturing in the resolution of production issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Create and develop 2D deliverables
- Develop 3D model of systems and components within core competency
- Solve technical issues under the guidance of the department supervision
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work
- Track and report progress to commitments
- Oversee the work status of assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions within assigned department
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects
Additional Competencies: (SPARC)
- Safety first
- People oriented, determined to assist where able
- Accountability and Ownership: Demonstrate a sense of urgency, ownership in your role
- Respect peoples differences and be open to differing opinions and beliefs
- Continue to improve your current role and help develop the role for the future based on lean management
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- An A.S. in an Engineering or related field OR a High School diploma and at least 5 years of directly equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Experience with design tools such as AutoCAD 2D/3D; 3D ShipConstructor ideal.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training.
- Basic competency with Earned Value Management System is ideal.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Verifiable technological skills that includes specific work experience, technical publication or patent issue to show prior work and experience.
This role offers excellent benefits including great healthcare (premiums have not increased in 4 years!), onsite clinics, nearsite urgent care and physical therapy (only $10 copay), covered short and long-term disability, great vacation policy, and up to 6% 401k match, among others!
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.