Carex is partnering with our mission driven tech (SaaS) partner as they seek a highly motivated and experienced Government Delivery IT Program Manager to join the team, preferably with experience in healthcare/payer/social care projects within the government space. The main focus of this role will be to oversee the implementation and delivery of government projects within the state of Tennessee as well as expand to other states/projects in the future. The Program Manager will be responsible for developing project plans, ensuring deliverables are met, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and implementation.
Along with a passion for social care, the ideal candidate has proven success in large-scale, complex project or process management and has led government delivery projects. This role is hybrid in Nashville, TN.
What You’ll Do:
- Own or drive project life cycle for government projects, leading discussions with stakeholders and reporting out on project activities
- Work directly with State of TN offices and personnel to ensure project schedules are developed, updated, and maintained in alignment with the cadence and process established for such projects
- Compile regular status reports and communicate to appropriate stakeholders, escalating projects that may be off-scope or blocked
- Work closely with the State Director, TN to identify and address risk and opportunity impacting the success of the implementation
- Ensure project work is prioritized and aligned to short and long term deliverables of government projects
- Make sure the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions
- Standardize best practices for stakeholders, making sure that processes are widely communicated and utilized
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 10 years of experience in project management with proven success and leadership in implementing large-scale, complex projects that includes government delivery and/or government clients
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining project timelines for large scale IT solutions
- Experience following a standard project management methodology and using various project management tools in developing project plans, delivering tasks, and tracking timelines and resources
- Working knowledge of Project Scheduling software such as Microsoft Project
- Preferred PMP certification
- Experience in and/or knowledge of state agency structure including Medicaid and Human Services
- Experience with technology including projects where you implemented new technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify business opportunities and risks
- Extremely detail oriented. This role requires strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed.
- This role is hybrid in Nashville, TN
If the range doesn’t align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.