Do you have an Associate's in Medical Technology, a BS in Biology, Chemistry or a similar laboratory sciences, or your New York State License? This Medical Lab Tech II / Lab Technician II role could be the perfect additional spring board on your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Lab Tech II to join the Binghamton, NY team:
– 3rd shift, 4 day work week, 10 hour shifts per day which will be 9pm – 7am, rotating every other weekend
– A generalist with 2+ years of experience is ideal
– Will be a key team member of the Lab Team at the Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital
What You'll Do:
The Lab Technician II performs routine medical laboratory tests essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and will include aspects such as:
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
What You'll Bring:
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology or similar (MLT MT) or a BS in Biology, Chemistry or related degree.
- At least 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Must be New York State Licensed.
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
The hourly compensation for this position is approximately $20.00 – $23.00 per hour.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/