Do you have an AS or BS in Medical Technology, Biology or similar sciences and your New York State License? This Medical Lab Tech role could be the perfect additional spring board on your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Medical Lab Tech to join the Binghamton, NY team:
– 3rd shift, either four 10 hour days from 9pm – 7am OR five 8 hour days from 10:30pm – 7am (flexibility is available)
– Local or Travel candidates
– 2+ years of Clinical Lab experience with current New York State License
What You'll Do:
The Lab Technician performs medical laboratory tests essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and includes aspects such as:
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
What You'll Bring:
- AS or BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or a related degree.
- At least 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Must be New York State Licensed.
- Some phlebotomy skills ideal, but not required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
The hourly compensation for this position is anticipated to be approximately $50.00 – $88.00 per hour for Travel candidates, and up to $50.00 per hour for local candidates.
Join a global life science and clinical research leader and take the next big step in your career – Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.