Our technology partner is seeking a Boston based Account Director who will find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities at our partner strategic account. This Account Director will seek growth that builds upon or expands beyond where they are currently at today. Each institution is different and each customer has its own way of procuring software, Account Directors deeply understand these nuances and turn them into expansion opportunities. This takes creative thinking, diligent research, and a sharp focus on value creation. Successful Account Directors understand the needs of our customer, how they are currently leveraging the software, and have a clear plan to expand across the organization. They build relationships across the organization and are able to leverage these to increase the impact the software can have long term. The Account Director is armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, cultivating existing relationships within a specific account and working diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell has a myriad of different applications across verticals, they exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
What You'll Do:
- In coordination with leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a current customer account, focused on a single or very limited number of customers
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with counterparts to determine goals and targets
- Serve as the key point of contact between our company and the given customer
- Develop deep familiarity with the software platforms, the customer's business, how our software is currently deployed to solve problems today, and how we could solve a wide range of real-world problems beyond this
- Exceed stated sales quota by upselling and expanding enterprise contracts.
- Work with the implementation teams to ensure success of projects in flight and uncover new growth opportunities.
- Work with other account management team members to improve and streamline internal processes
What You'll Bring:
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions
- Experience building and managing relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate the product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority
- Ability to understand customers' requirements and how the software can address them
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances.
- Ability to travel per business needs – Boston based.