Are you a Molecular, Cell or Protein Scientist with lab and possibly some sales experience? Are you looking to move your sales career forward? This could be the role for you!
We are seeking a Scientific Client Representative for a Home-Based scientist in the Boston area that will develop strong relationships with clients there, with a particular focus on the incubator and small biotech space. It's critical that you have at least a Bachelor's degree in a science field and have solid lab experience (while earning your degree or after) . *This role will be remote/home-based and will require the individual live in the Boston area in order to regularly meet with clients at their sites in the Boston area.
A little about the team:
We are a close knit team focused on our clients and supporting one another. Honesty, integrity, mutual respect, open communication, and advocacy are woven into our team values. Our approach is science led, to make sure we are aligning our efforts to best support our clients’ research focus, and develop long-term, consultative relationships. Our team partners closely with nearly every other area of the company, providing a new challenge and learning opportunity every day.
YOUR ROLE: As a Scientific Client Representative, you’ll support and engage with incubator and small biotech firms in the Boston area to align solutions of value to their scientific efforts. You’ll interact with the fascinating folks who utilize our products and you’ll have an ability to help both our team and company learn more about them and their science, building bridges between HQ & researchers. This role will manage Reactive accounts, which focuses on customer touchpoints and providing the customer with the technical and sales help they need. Time management will be essential as this role involves a large number of customer interactions.
1. Sales Behaviors:
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Services, North America Marketing (NAM), Customer Service, Field Support Scientist (FSS), Global Clinical Collaborations Manager (GCCM), Clinical Account Consultant (CAC), Strategic Collaborations Management Team (SCMT), Strategic Product Manager (SPM), Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Elite Access, R&D etc.) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverage sales channels to serve the client where appropriate.
- Working closely with the Regional/Associate sales manager, determine account list, incorporating a select number of strategic accounts as appropriate.
- Incorporate and execute funnel management for Sales Opportunities.
- Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
- Work to effectively link unique solutions to meet and exceed requirements of the customer’s business. Apply custom solutions and knowledge about unique (Custom/OEM/ CAS/early access products) solutions can offer customers. Maintain high quality relationship with internal R&D, marketing and operations personnel.
- Act as a company advocate to voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside the company. Takes a stand for relevant issues and delivers difficult decisions/messages when necessary.
- Works closely with Regional/Associate/sales manager to develop opportunity-based pricing strategies at accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the company business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
2. Sales Tools (Outlook/CRM/PowerBI/LinkedIn/Showpad):
- Effectively communicate with customers by ensuring emails are thoughtful, proofread and professional.
- Using dashboards and CRM to maintain appropriate notes in CRM and reassign customers to their appropriate accounts when they move.
- Adhere to branch initiatives by maintaining focus on sales process and associated performance metrics.
- Through training and coaching, develop skills to translate sales opportunities into workable and detailed action plans; demonstrate an understanding of the steps that go into a sales cycle (Funnel Management). Lays out a clear sales plan which includes specific action steps and milestones for managing the sales cycle from beginning to end. Provide completed Blue and Green sheets along with a sales call plan before meetings.
3. Branch Initiatives:
- Customer Touchpoints: Work with appropriate overlays (SPM, SBU, SCMT, NAM, etc.) for alpha/beta testing opportunities as well as Marketing Campaigns (including webinars).
4. Continuous Improvement
- Maintain a working IDP.
- Complete Annual Assessment with Regional Manager.
- Seek out training where appropriate for your job.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the business.
1. Minimum BS or BA (M.S./Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences with a focus on hands-on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
2. Independently motivated and works well with others.
3. Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Strong commitment to customer service. Excellent communication, strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
If you're looking for a great opportunity apply now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/