Do you have an AS or BS with Histology experience? Are you looking to work in a State-of-the-Art Lab and grow within a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? We're looking for multiple experience levels of Histotechnicians due to growth – this role could be the perfect step in your career path that you've been looking for!
We're looking for passionate Histotechnician II-V with at least 2+ years of experience that want to play a key role in providing patients with the highest quality medical laboratory services. You'll have an opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art, CAP-certified Pathology Lab learning best practices and standards set by an industry leader. We have both contract and contract-to-hire opportunities available on 1st Shift, Monday-Friday, with roles open to local candidates or travelers.
What You'll Do:
The Histotechnician processes tissue and specimens in preparation for microscopic exam, and performs technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens. The Histotechnician role will include aspects such as:
- Perform various immunohistochemical tests on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections.
- Process mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures.
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens.
- Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Provide accurate gross description on tissue samples.
- Assist other personnel with identifying and analyzing inconsistent and abnormal results.
- Operate and maintain manual and automated laboratory instruments.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance and quality control procedures.
What You'll Bring:
- AS or BS with formal training in Histology from an accredited college/university.
- At least 2+ years of Histotechnician / Histology experience.
- ASCP Histology Certification / HT(ASCP) or other relevant Histology certifications preferred.
- Experience in both microtomy and embedding.
- Prior experience and skills in grossing, processing, cutting, and routine and special staining techniques ideal.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/