Do you have a BS degree in Microbiology or Biology and some experience in a QC environment, or looking to use your degree and step into one? If you're looking for a great company focused on Animal Health and Enzymes, tremendous opportunity to grow in skills and roles, as well as a fun and close-knit team, this could be the QC Lab Tech opportunity for you!
This role is located onsite at the New Berlin facility and is 7am-3pm M-F; as well as a few hours every 4th Saturday.
What You'll Do:
This position works under general supervision and is primarily responsible for using laboratory equipment and standardized procedures to test and evaluate the company’s products with regard to quality standards. Responsibilities include:
- Knows and adheres to all relevant safety protocols.
- Conducts all required tests on in-process and finished product for quality control approval in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Perform routine equipment calibrations or verifications (i.e., scales, pH meters).
- Utilizes aseptic techniques to ensure sterility of all media, equipment, and work areas.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records in appropriate company database (SAP, CHEOPS, LIMS) of all tests performed or evaluations/analyses conducted.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records of training received.
- Completes production journals, batch records and/or lab requisitions.
- Communicates any testing nonconformance to management or product management (PMG) as necessary.
- Assists with training of staff as identified by management.
- Participates in continuous improvement programs (Kaizen, Metrics, Lean, 5S)
- Keeps lab and work area clean and orderly.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Candidates should have a BS Degree in Microbiology or Biology and preferably 1-3 years experience in a similar QC Lab Tech position; candidates without these degrees or experience will be considered. Individuals within this role will need:
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as standard operating procedures and equipment manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from colleagues, other departments and occasionally auditors.
- Ability to interpret testing results and follow SOP document for appropriate action.
- Ability to operate a variety of lab equipment and instruments and a variety of office equipment.
- Possess a working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and compliance requirements.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel as well as database programs.
- Ability to use metric measurements (i.e., mL) and temperatures measurements in Centigrade (°C).
- Perform basic dilution series on product in accordance with specifications or recipes.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.