Do you have a Bachelor of Science in Pathology or a related degree and at least 6+ months of Grossing experience? This Pathologists' Assistant role could be the perfect next step in your career path!
We're looking for TWO passionate Pathologists' Assistant that want to play a key role in providing the highest integrity, respect and quality medical laboratory services for patients. You'll have an opportunity to work with the largest clinical trials and diagnostic company in the world, learning cutting edge techniques and processes and best practices to help propel your expertise! This role is a contract traveler opportunity that's 1st shift, Monday – Friday, from approximately 8:00am – 4:30pm.
*Compensation for this position is anticipated to be between $70.00 – $90.00 per hour.
What You'll Do:
The Pathologists' Assistant conducts examinations and dissections for both routine and complex surgical specimens, provides assistance and technical advice in the interpretation of histologic specimens, and researches and troubleshoots histology-related inquiries and issues within the laboratory. The Pathologists' Assistant role will include additional aspects such as:
- Perform grossing on routine and complex cases with tissues including GI biopsies, skin shaves/punches, and tissue cores.
- Perform complete dissection, gross description, selection and submission of tissue for microscopic examination and special studies following departmental guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and processing.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and procedures.
- Assist other areas rotations within the department with specified assignments in a timely manner after the assigned job has been completed.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and work to correct or report the problem.
- Maintain high ethical standards and integrity in performing the assigned duties.
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Pathology, Biology, Chemistry or related degree from an accredited college/university (60 hours of college level science is a minimum requirement for grossing).
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 6+ months of Grossing experience, with experience in GI biopsies, shaves/punches, and tissue cores of any type.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste management.
- Knowledge of personal protection measures and blood borne pathogens.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.