Are you a QC Lab Tech looking to grow your career with a science-based, sustainability-focused company? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We're looking for individuals that love chemistry and want to be part of a close-knit team and not just a number to join as a QC Lab Technician in the cutting edge Portage, WI manufacturing facility just north of Madison. If you have an AS or BS in chemistry, biology or a related science field and approximately 2+ years in Quality Control within a manufacturing environment, this could be the next step you're looking for in your career!
This position is based onsite in Portage, WI and will be Monday-Friday 11:30pm-7:30am. Solid pay with shift differential included, and opportunity to quickly earn additional compensation and promotions!
What You'll Do:
This role is responsible for high quality and efficient Quality Control analytical testing and material release at the Portage facility, and has the full authority to make release, production adjustment, and hold/reject decisions. The QC Lab Tech is qualified to analyze and release all raw materials used, and finished products manufactured, at the Portage plant. This includes:
- Aseptically collect samples to support environmental monitoring and analytical and microbiological testing of raw materials and finished products.
- Perform routine analytical testing of raw materials, in-process batches, and finished products according to written test methods and procedures. Effectively prioritize samples based on importance and time to completion.
- Record analytical test results as work is performed and keep documentation as required following GDP and cGMP requirements.
- Place non-conforming or out-of-specification materials on hold and start the investigation process.
- Review cGMP records and documentation (e.g., raw material certificates of analysis) and verify the work of other QC laboratory staff to ensure compliance with cGMP and client requirements.
- Perform and document routine instrument verification and calibration according to schedule. Remove instrumentation from service when calibration or verification is unsuccessful and conduct routine instrument maintenance per SOP allowing instrument to be returned to service.
- Complete all housekeeping duties, including restocking supplies and chemical solutions.
- Conduct non-routine analytical testing and analysis as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor in support of development projects, new products, method troubleshooting, or as part of out-of-specification or manufacturing investigations.
- Complete other projects and assignments as delegated by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Embrace continuous improvement by identifying and proposing ways to enhance laboratory operations, sample analysis, and material release processes.
- Timely, accurate, and reproducible analytical test results which allow the prompt release and shipment of finished product.
- Raw materials analyzed, associated documentation reviewed, and materials released allowing the Operations team to maintain an optimum plant production schedule.
- All non-conforming or out-of-specification material identified, segregated, placed on HOLD, and investigated per SOP.
- Laboratory equipment properly operated, maintained, and calibrated.
- Laboratory housekeeping and cleanliness always “tour-ready” through active participation in lab 5S/LEAN program.
- Adherence to chemical hygiene plan, including use of proper PPE (gloves, safety glasses, lab coats) at all times.
What You'll Bring:
- An AS or BS in Chemistry, Biology, or related science field.
- Approximately 2+ years experience in Quality Control, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- The fundamental laboratory skills (weighing, pipetting, dilution, quantitative transfer, etc.) needed to successfully complete all laboratory tasks.
- The ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, probability, and algebra to laboratory calculations.
- The ability to read and correctly interpret technical documents such as SOPs, certificates of analysis, specifications, Safety Data Sheets, instrument user manuals, and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) software applications and the ability to learn and apply more advanced software tools as needed.
- Possesses the integrity to present unpleasant data and information in an appropriate and helpful manner.
Interpersonal skills to work well and communicate with laboratory colleagues, production associates, and other internal customers to assist with troubleshooting, problem solving, and training
Apply Now and move your career forward with an exciting and highly respected science-focused leader!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com