Are you a Histotechnologist with at least 2 years of experience and a desire to work directly with a leading biotech company focused on early-stage cancer detection? This could be the role you're looking for!
– 4 month onsite contract assignment expected to begin in July.
– AS or BS in the Biological or Life Sciences.
– 2+ years experience in a Histology lab with strong competency in microtomy/cutting, embedding and staining.
– Strong experience in translating best practices and processes / SOPs.
– This compensation for this role is anticipated to be between $32.75 – $52.75 per hour, dependent upon experience.
What You'll Do:
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in histology, to include sectioning and hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) staining under supervision.
- Perform macro-dissection of samples under supervision.
- Monitor and process workflow queues.
- Prepare reagents, solutions, and controls.
- Perform and document equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Assist in sample returns, as needed.
- Interact with internal pathologists, internal associates, and external customers in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure specimens are processed in a timely manner with high quality.
- Process specimens for research and development sponsored studies.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for process improvements for the histopathology department.
- Assist in workflow, protocol, and related SOP development.
- Assist in equipment specification, installation, and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and training to research and development (R&D) staff relating to histopathology.
- Provide summary reports on process metrics, as needed.
- Contribute to corporate strategy for inspection preparation or additional regulatory approval relating to histopathology.
- Assist in running projects for development of histopathology around new product services and processes.
- Participate in tactical development projects, as needed.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Apply strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Apply strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work designated schedule, as well as overtime as needed.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens, and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of an AS degree in the Biological or Life Sciences; BS degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a histology laboratory with competency in microtomy/cutting, embedding, and routine staining.
- ASCP (HT) or (HTL) certification is preferred, but not required.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.