Join an incredible team as a key leader embarking on a transformative journey to proprietary product design and manufacturing. As the Product Development Engineer, you'll be at the forefront of collaborating with the design team and developing an exclusive line of furniture and storage solutions impacting academia and libraries nationwide. This role is perfect for a creative and agile engineer with a passion for bringing innovative ideas to life, from concept to market-ready products! This position is 90% manufacturing process engineer and 10% design-oriented.
This position will be located primarily onsite near Madison, WI and has some hybrid flexibility. Relocation is available. Compensation for the position is anticipated to be approximately $90,000-$130,000+ and has flexibility available for highly qualified candidates.
What You'll Do:
The Product Development Engineer will be the go-to Subject Matter Expert for the company in taking innovative design ideas and making them manufacturable. This will including driving direction of everything from material analysis and selection to prototype evaluation, testing, pre-identifying manufacturing liabilities, driving production runs, and ensuring production quality. In this role you'll be able to drive:
- Innovative Design and Development:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and create cutting-edge furniture designs, utilizing SolidWorks, Fusion 360, and AutoCAD to bring these ideas to life. Your role will be crucial in ensuring products not only meet but exceed quality, safety, ergonomic, functional and regulatory standards.
- Materials and Manufacturing Oversight:
- Dive deep into materials research to select the best options for durability, cost-efficiency, and sustainability. Collaborate with manufacturing partners to refine and optimize the production process, ensuring designs are both feasible and efficient without sacrificing aesthetic or quality.
- Prototype and Testing Leadership:
- Take charge of prototyping, overseeing the development process to ensure concepts are validated and accurately brought to fruition. Your analytical skills will be key in testing these prototypes, assessing their functionality, safety, and durability, and iterating designs to perfection to improve product performance.
- Enhance Collaboration and Communication:
- Be the linchpin among designers, manufacturing, product management, and marketing teams, ensuring seamless collaboration and alignment with project goals. Your ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of stakeholders will help integrate feedback into the design process effectively.
- Champion Regulatory Compliance and Continuous Improvement:
- Stay ahead of industry trends, regulations, and standards to ensure our products lead the market in innovation, safety, and compliance. Your proactive approach to identifying improvement and cost optimization opportunities will keep these designs at the forefront.
What You'll Bring:
- A BS in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field of study.
- Approximately 5 years of experience in both engineering and product design and innovation.
- Experience in furniture product development, or closely related product and manufacturing design, is ideal.
- This individual will be the sole onsite SME for the manufacturing engineering design process. A high level of knowledge of the entire manufacturing process, confidence, and an entrepreneurial spirit will be key!
- Proficiency in SolidWorks is essential, with strong skills in AutoCAD and Fusion 360 preferred. Experience with industrial 3D printing (using SolidWorks) is helpful.
- A deep understanding of materials, manufacturing processes, industry regulations and quality control standards.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and project management skills, as well as strong capability in juggling multiple projects within a fast-paced , dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills, both for technical teams and non-technical stakeholders, with a knack for incorporating diverse feedback into the design process.
Apply Now and move your career forward with an industry leader, where your work will impact learning environments every day!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.