Do you have a your AS and MLT, or BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science or similar and at least a year of experience as a Generalist in a Clinical Lab? This Medical Lab Technologist role could be the perfect next step to your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Medical Lab Technologist to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world:
– Hours are 2nd shift from 3:00pm – 11:30pm Monday – Friday
– ASCP Certification preferred but not required (MT, MLT or MLS)
– Experience in a clinical lab setting within Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis and Coagulation ideal; Blood Bank experience highly preferred
What You'll Do:
The Medical Lab Technologist conducts qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses within a SAMHSA-certified drug testing lab and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory that includes:
- Receive extracted specimens for testing; evaluate batches and test orders; determine priority of work for these batches in order to maintain acceptable turn around time
- This position requires large amounts of daily electronic data analysis, done on computer stations outside of the laboratory
- Adhere to SOP while performing data analysis on patient and proficiency samples as well as calibration, quality control and blank samples
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls / calibration for error detection within batch along with trends within QC sets of an assay and take appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation / work area; perform scheduled/routine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all laboratory tests and equipment including, but not limited to, instrument logs, maintenance logs, disinfection logs and assay SOPs.
- Evaluate, use and/or prepare laboratory reagents, standards and quality controls according to established department standard operating procedures and established timeframes.
What You'll Bring:
- AS or BS in Chemistry, biology, clinical laboratory, medical technology or related discipline.
- ASCP Certification preferred but not required (MT, MLT or MLS)
- At least 1 year as a Generalist with direct Clinical Lab experience.
- Blood Bank experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet established turnaround times.
- Effective project management and time management skills.
Compensation for this position is anticipated to be $20.00 – $36.00 per hour. If the range doesn’t align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.