Our Partner is hiring a Portfolio Solutions Architect. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing advanced consulting and guidance at the most complex level of portfolio architecture, including cloud and infrastructure technologies. This is a contract to hire, remote opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Drive “how” to build solutions optimizing techniques and methods for development speed and consistency by applying knowledge of the business unit, industry standards, technical architecture, and emerging technologies.
- Work with Engineers to design solutions to today’s security exposures in the Enterprise, Service Provider, and Fintech space, including configuring backups and recovery service vaults and creating a 24/7 monitoring platform using Splunk, Data Dog, Log Analytics, etc.
- Lead the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms related to cloud computing while mitigating the risk to IT systems and applications from the use of cloud-based SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions.
- Responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure public and private cloud solutions are optimized for both cost and functionality while using a security first approach.
- Drive the design and execution of cloud migration strategy, automating existing cloud workloads in cloud, provide services to port existing workloads to leverage cloud benefits.
- Responsible for providing advanced consulting and guidance at the most complex level of portfolio architecture. An incumbent in this position performs in an expert capacity, possesses a highly differentiated or specialized skill critical to the business, and provides guidance to other Architects, IT employees or business partners.
- Drive the technology strategy, software solution architecture, and solution pattern development and application to deliver high impact, timely solutions to the business.
- Apply expert/advanced level knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and understand how the solution architecture layers (hardware, operating system, database, network, business rules, user interface, etc.) impact the solution design and user experience to deliver high quality solutions to the business. Due to the speed of technological change and evolving business needs, this role will have to adapt to a high degree of change.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of combined experience on different cloud deployments such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and Hybrid, focusing on Azure Cloud.
- Extensive architectural knowledge on Azure cloud technologies, Kubernetes, dockets, networking, firewalls, hands-on experience with automation (Terraform), and well-versed with DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Experience working on deploying and managing the workloads in a Hybrid environment and be able to develop cloud architectural Roadmaps.
- Expert in all aspects of the software life cycle, from specification through analysis and design, to testing maintenance and evaluation of the product.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team in the application of a new structured development process through all phases: (concept, execution, and implementation) at a departmental and project level.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge in requirements engineering, software architecture, software testing, and software deployment. This includes how the software or solution interacts with the entire technical architecture to deliver the required business function.
- Able to integrate the software development model with a given project management methodology such as Agile or waterfall or hybrid, to influence the velocity and quality of the end product.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in networking technologies like LAN, VLAN, IP Subnetting, MPLS, WAN, SDWAN, VPN’s, routing protocols
- Minimum of 5+ years in an architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting critical technology components with DR capabilities.
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, Risks and storage.
- Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, PowerShell scripting, Terraform, Azure Monitor and Application Insights
- Azure Security and Identity services (e.g., Security Center, Azure Active Directory, RBAC, NSGs / ASGs)
- Azure Networking services (e.g., VNETs, Load Balancers, Front Door, ExpressRoute, Traffic Manager, Content Delivery Network)
- Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., CloudShell, PowerShell, ARM, Webhook and runbook)
- Minimum of ten years IT experience including demonstrated proficiency in the last five years in at least one of the following:
- IT/Business Processes and/or SOA in the financial services industry,
- Infrastructure/Technical Architecture,
- Business Systems Applications Architecture