Carex is partnering with a Milwaukee based organization to find and hire multiple Principal Software Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor as the organization builds a Digital Solutions team. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial group, but have access to resources of a larger entity. These roles are hands-on, team-oriented software backend design and application engineer with experience in developing robust and scalable solutions. Leverage skills to determine optimal and efficient designs for our cloud-based platform and industry solution applications. Ensure development and quality targets are achieved and act as an advocate for continuous advancement and test-driven development.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in frontend technologies, distributed micro services, and full stack systems
- Work with cloud native stack, build on Google, use technologies like Kubernetes
- Work across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Write automated test cases to ensure correctness, responsiveness, and efficiency of the software product
- Provide expertise to influence project, initiative, and maintenance technical direction during discovery, planning, and implementation stages.
- Maintain modern development standards with best-practice approaches and development processes.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or combination of education and relevant IT experience
- 3-5 years of software development experience, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Strong experience with Web API development, modular design patterns, PHP scripting, Linux, Python
- Experience with technologies like Angular, React or any JS framework
- Experience with cloud native technologies like GCP, certifications are a plus
- Experience with REST APIs, Messaging queue technologies (MQTT/CoAP) and
- Experience in DevOps tools like BitBucket, Jenkins, GitHub
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies like MySQL, MongoDB.
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.