Are you a senior Program Manager with a degree or similar experience in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Aerospace and at least 10 years of shipbuilding experience? This could be the role you're looking for!
This position is full-time, direct hire and based onsite in Sturgeon Bay, WI.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The senior Program Manager will help lead key full cycle shipbuilding projects from conception to completion for the Department of Defense. The role will focus on working hand-in-hand with key stakeholders within the DOD-Navy to inspire project conception, own oversight of all related build strategy, ensure on-time and on-budget delivery, and provide full-cycle maritime programming at the vast 63-acre waterfront facility.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Stay informed of regional, national and global maritime construction trends, leveraging strong knowledge to drive success.
- Supervisory responsibilities that include interviewing, hiring and training employees, as well as planning, assigning and directing work and appraising and guiding performance.
- Set objectives to align with broader organizational goals.
- Create implementation plans that allocate physical, intellectual and monetary resources precisely.
- Take a proactive approach to shape and influence all internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Anticipate future trends and implications accurately, as well as future scenarios, and create strategies to sustain competitive advantage.
- Establish common objectives and a shared mindset, fostering open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Design processes and procedures that allowing managing from a distance.
- Provide guidance and direction to project managers, production managers, and engineering on matters including work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Maintain a strong relationship with owners and other contracts to facilitate project activities.
- Drive risk management initiatives by coordinating vessel walks with key stakeholders to ensure safety hazards and all other risks are mitigated through appropriate corrective action.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, shipbuilders, customers and others.
- Strong time management, complex problem solving that includes timely decision-making, and dispute resolution skills are key, as well as the ability to professionally and formally (via written correspondence) communicate.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Be familiar with product and process shipbuilding
- Strategic Mindset — Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Balances Stakeholders — Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Optimizes Work Processes (Quality & Continuous Improvement) — Approach the daily tasks according to a Daily Work Disciplined attitude, with the perspective to identify the bottle necks and the weaknesses
- Builds Effective Teams — Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Promote affiliation to the Company and sharing Group experiences and best practices
- Global Perspective — Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Plans and Aligns — establish and consolidate planning and scheduling attitudes, promote the application of scheduling analysis through Primavera P6 software. Managing information from the Planning tools to align the organization on the project's objectives
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- An AS or BS in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Aerospace and a minimum of 10 years progressive leadership experience in shipbuilding, manufacturing or the construction environment.
- Advanced knowledge of ship construction processes and building science.
- Ship design experience ideally includes a familiarity with regulatory body requirements associated with the Ship Building industry (ABS, 46 CFR, IEEE, and The US Coast Guard).
- Active PMP Certification and proficiency in AutoCAD is ideal.
- Ability and interest for engaging in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
This role offers excellent benefits including great healthcare (premiums have not increase in 4 years!), onsite clinics, nearsite urgent care and physical therapy (only $10 copay), covered short and long-term disability, great vacation policy, and up to 6% 401k match, among others!
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.