Are you a Project Engineer with a degree or similar experience in Manufacturing Engineering and at least 3+ years of experience in marine vessels / shipbuilding or aerospace? This could be the role you're looking for!
This position is full-time, direct hire and based onsite in Sturgeon Bay, WI.
*Shipbuilding experience is ideal, but similar industries such as aerospace are desirable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Project Engineer will help support heavy manufacturing and a team of over 1000+ in both fab shops and on the waterfront. Collaborating closely with the Project Manager, this individual will be a key resource in resolving technical compliance issues, driving project budget and schedule compliance, and working with outsourced engineering firms in order to meet project schedule commitments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Lead Engineering effort on assigned projects, including providing project guidance and supervising approximately 2-15 resources.
- Lead and participate in internal and external meetings.
- Prepare project schedules, as well as schedule and monitor work and provide project guidance. Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments.
- Interpret contractual requirements, work with budgets, prepare estimates, and approved estimates, as well as develop contract change documents and proposals.
- Solve technical issues and implement solutions, as well as provide briefings.
- Prepare, check and issue quality deliverables (ECNs, WINs, Work Orders, PTSs, Reports, Studies and Proposals).
- Use 2D and 3D shipbuilding software to develop production documents.
- Develop project Engineering Matrix, documentation development schedule, and Manufacturing Work pack release schedules.
- Write test memos and procedures.
- Collaborate with owners, vendors and suppliers.
- Strong time management, complex problem solving, and dispute resolution skills are key, as well as the ability to professionally and formally (via written correspondence) communicate.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Organizational Savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Manages Complexity — Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- A MS in Manufacturing or similar Engineering discipline and at least 3 years of directly relevant experience OR a BS in Manufacturing Engineering or similar and at least 5 years of experience OR an AS in an Engineering discipline and at least 8 years of experience OR a High School diploma and at least 10 years of directly applicable experience.
- At least 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience.
- At least 5 years of shipbuilding experience.
- Experience planning and implementing projects with groups of 10+ people is desired.
- A working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review and approval process.
This role offers excellent benefits including great healthcare (premiums have not increase in 4 years!), onsite clinics, nearsite urgent care and physical therapy (only $10 copay), covered short and long-term disability, great vacation policy, and up to 6% 401k match, among others!
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.