Are you experienced in scientific sales and developing great client relationships? Well established in the PA/NJ area and have a background in Molecular Bio, Cell Bio, or Protein Biochemistry? This Account Manager role could be the next step you're looking for!
This is a field-based position with travel; candidates should be located in PA or NJ.
What You'll Do:
This is an exciting sales role covering the management of both reactive and strategic (proactive) accounts. You'll be able to develop your leadership skills through mentorship, as well as participate in larger Branch-specific activities and Customer Touchpoints as defined by strategic planning done in partnership with the Regional/Associate Manager. This will include developing strategies and pricing rationale at the account level (PDP/Contracts) and contact level (Opportunities).
Reactive account coverage will entail providing the customer with the appropriate technical and sales help within a timely manner, whereas strategic account coverage will entail a proactive approach that will require the development of a strategic plan and building strong relationships within assigned accounts. Key responsibilities include:
• Reactive Accounts: Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Serv, North America Marketing (NAM), Cust Serv, Field Support Scientist (FSS), Global Clinical Collaborations Manager (GCCM), Clinical Account Consultant (CAC), Strategic Collaborations Management Team (SCMT), Strategic Product Manager (SPM), Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Elite Access, R&D etc.) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverage Helix where appropriate.
• Proactive Accounts: Develop a long-term strategic plan/vision at the account level, while developing in-depth relationships at the Customer level with the main goal of identifying and partnering with KOLs. Leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Serv, NAM, Cust Serv, FSS, GCCM, CAC, SCMT, SPM, SBU, Elite Access, R&D etc.) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, while striving for continued revenue growth in the long-term. Leverage and champion channel strategies where appropriate.
o Effectively link unique company solutions to meet and exceed requirements of the customer’s business. Apply custom solutions and knowledge about unique (Custom/OEM/Elite Access products) solutions the company can offer customers. Maintain high quality relationship with internal R&D, marketing, and operations personnel.
o Lead the discussion with Regional/Associate Manager to develop opportunity-based pricing strategies at strategic accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the company business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
o Work with the Regional/Associate Manager to remain familiar with competitive products for the purpose of educating customers on the benefit of company technology. Work with regional manager to monitor the competition and report important activities back to the company.
o Through training and coaching, translate sales opportunities into workable and detailed action plans; demonstrate an understanding of the steps that go into a sales cycle (Funnel Management). Lay out a clear sales plan which includes specific action steps and milestones for managing the sales cycle from beginning to end. Provide completed Blue and Green sheets along with a sales call plan before meetings.
o Partner with Regional/Associate Manager to employ, strategic and tactical account plans for your Strategic Accounts. This would include close involvement and strong relationships with high-level procurement personnel, developing and maintaining account plans and contracts
• Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of the full product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
• Act as a company advocate to voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside the company. Takes a stand for relevant issues and delivers difficult decisions/messages when necessary.
Sales Tools (Outlook/CRM/PowerBI/LinkedIn/Showpad):
• Effectively communicate with customers by ensuring emails are thoughtful, proofread, and professional.
• Using Dashboards and CRM to prospect, generate reports, and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in CRM and reassign customers to their appropriate Accounts when they move.
• Adhere to branch initiatives by maintaining focus on sales process and associated performance metrics.
• Customer Touchpoints: Works with appropriate overlays (SPM, SBU, SCMT, NAM, etc.) for alpha/beta testing opportunities as well as marketing campaigns (including webinars).
• Strategy Development: Works with the Management team on strategies that will impact the North American Branch (ex: COVID allocation teams, HT/Maxwell). This could also include being a SME based on skillset.
• Work with newer colleagues to help them with skill development and other areas of growth.
• Maintain working IDP
• Complete Annual Assessment with Regional/Associate Manager
• Seek out training where appropriate for your job
What You'll Bring:
B.S. or B.A. (M.S. /Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences with a focus on hands-on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
Minimum 4+ years of experience in a sales environment, or equivalent.
Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
Excellent organizational skills.
Strong commitment to customer service. Strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
Must possess a valid drivers license.
If you're looking to move up in your sales career Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach at email@example.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/