Are you a Sales professional with a strong background in cellular & molecular biology? Are you looking to either move your sales career forward with a growing, global biotechnology company? This is the role for you!
Our biotech partner is seeking a Scientific Account Manager for a Home-Based role in the San Francisco area that will develop strong relationships with clients there. It's critical that you have at least a Bachelor's degree in a science field and have solid lab experience (while earning your degree or after).
This role will be remote/home-based and will require the individual live in the San Francisco area in order to regularly meet with clients at their site.
Expected starting compensation for this role is $150-165,000/yr.
A little about the team:
We are a close knit team focused on our clients and supporting one another. Honesty, integrity, mutual respect, open communication, and advocacy are woven into our team values. Our approach is science led, to make sure we are aligning our efforts to best support our clients’ research focus, and develop long-term, consultative relationships. Our team partners closely with nearly every other area of the company, providing a new challenge and learning opportunity every day.
YOUR ROLE: As a Scientific Account Manager, you will participate in sales with primary responsibilities covering the management of both reactive and strategic (proactive) accounts. Activities can also include mentorship and participating in Branch-specific activities (Customer Touchpoints) as mutually defined with the Regional/Associate Manager. Reactive account coverage will entail providing the customer with the appropriate technical and sales help within a timely manner, whereas strategic account coverage will entail a proactive approach that will require the development of a strategic plan and building strong relationships within assigned accounts. There will also be the expectation to work with the Regional/Associate Manager to develop strategies (pricing rationale) at the account level (PDP/Contracts) and contact level (Opportunities).
1. Sales Behaviors:
2. Sales Tools (Outlook/CRM/PowerBI/LinkedIn/Showpad):
3. Branch Initiatives:
5. Continuous Improvement
6. Demonstrates inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity and respect for others.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
8. Embracing and being open to incorporating our partner's 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
1. Minimum BS or BA (M.S./Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences with a focus on hands-on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
2. Minimum 4+ years of experience in a sales environment, or equivalent.
3. Strives to incorporate the Core Emotional Social Intelligence (ESI) Principles in their position (Check in with yourself, Listen with empathy, Enhance self-esteem, Look for the good, with discernment, encourage diverse perspectives and Use courage and compassion to say what needs to be said).
4. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues. Keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check, sensing other’s feelings and perspectives to advocate and voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside our company.
5. Independently motivated and works well with others.
6. Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
7. Excellent organizational skills.
8. Strong commitment to customer service. Excellent communication, strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
10. Must possess a valid driver's license.
If you're looking for a great opportunity apply now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach at email@example.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/