Are you an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with a BS in Electrical Engineering and at least 6 years of experience in marine vessels / shipbuilding or aerospace? This could be the role you're looking for!
This position is full-time, direct hire and can be based onsite in either Washington DC, Marinette WI, or Green Bay WI.
*Shipbuilding experience is ideal, but similar industries such as aerospace are desirable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Senior Electrical Engineer will collaborate directly with the Chief Engineer and Project Engineer to solve technical problems, and determine the technical requirements for each project.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will have design oversight of:
- System integration of all ship electronics
- Master Control Center Operation
- Steering and propulsion electronics
- Power and lighting
- All ship diagnostics
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Work independently in solving technical issues
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments
- Supervise up to 15 employees, which includes interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, and resolving issues if applicable
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout the company
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- May be required to define, track and control subcontractor activities
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
Additional Competencies: (SPARC)
- Safety first
- People oriented, determined to assist where able
- Accountability and Ownership: Demonstrate a sense of urgency, ownership in your role
- Respect peoples differences and be open to differing opinions and beliefs
- Continue to improve your current role and help develop the role for the future based on lean management
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- A BS in Electrical Engineering and at least 6 years of experience OR an AS in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of experience OR a High School Diploma and 9+ years of experience.
- Experience with electrical design within the shipbuilding industry.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training.
- Basic competency with Earned Value Management System is ideal.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Verifiable technological skills that includes specific work experience, technical publication or patent issue to show prior work and experience.
This role offers excellent benefits including great healthcare (premiums have not increased in 4 years!), onsite clinics, nearsite urgent care and physical therapy (only $10 copay), covered short and long-term disability, great vacation policy, and up to 6% 401k match, among others!
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.