Are you a Senior Project Engineer with a degree or similar experience in Design Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Aerospace and at least 5 years of management experience? This could be the role you're looking for!
This position is full-time, direct hire and based onsite in Marinette, WI.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Senior Project Engineer will help lead broad based ship design and a team committed to design projects. The role will focus on change projects and determining technical requirements, scope of work, schedule, and manpower requirements in order to drive projects to completion.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the SOW of the project and relevant KPIs.
- Develop Project Schedule and Budget according to overall Project Schedule.
- Assist Engineering with scoping (impacting drawings, test procedures, purchase technical specifications, etc.) of proposed change.
- Verify and validate scoping of Engineering and Division impacts, as well as ensure CDRLs schedule in accordance with contract requirements.
- Validate technical drawing impacts provided are accurate and that drawing schedule is in accordance with purchasing, production planning & control, as well as manufacturing.
- Provide resource management, including using the Project Bid as a basis to establish resource requirements. Update data developed to continue to maintain manpower resource requirements as project develops, including change management and implementation support.
- Hold kickoff meetings, Specification/Contract review, and establish regular project staff meetings to help ensure the change proposal gets administered through required technical boards.
- Represent the department to internal and external customers to help assist with scoping, explaining and defending the basis of estimates.
- Meet as required with potential outside providers of products and services to meet project contract requirements, as well as assist the Lead Engineers in resolution of equipment and software-related problems.
- Strong time management, complex problem solving that includes timely decision-making, and dispute resolution skills are key, as well as the ability to professionally and formally (via written correspondence) communicate.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Core Competencies (SPARC):
- Safety first
- People oriented, determined to assist where able
- Accountability and Ownership: Demonstrate a sense of urgency, ownership in your role
- Respect peoples differences and be open to differing opinions and beliefs
- Continue to improve your current role and help develop the role for the future based on lean management.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- A BS in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Aerospace and a minimum of 5 years of broad-based ship design experience OR a High School diploma and a minimum of 15 years of directly applicable design and Project Engineering or Project Management experience. Technical backgrounds should be commensurate with an “all up” ship design experience.
- At least 5 years of Supervisory or Management experience; additional management experience or degrees are a plus.
- Ship design experience must include a familiarity with regulatory body requirements associated with the Ship Building industry (ABS, 46 CFR, IEEE, and The US Coast Guard).
This role offers excellent benefits including great healthcare (premiums have not increase in 4 years!), onsite clinics, nearsite urgent care and physical therapy (only $10 copay), covered short and long-term disability, great vacation policy, and up to 6% 401k match, among others!
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.