Do you have a High School diploma or equivalent, or an Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science, Medical Technology or a similar science background and are looking to get a foot in the door with a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Clinical Lab Specimen Processor role could be the perfect next step to your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Clinical Lab Specimen Processor to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the team.
– 6+ month contract-to-hire position
– Hours are 1st shift, Monday – Friday from 4:00am – 12:30pm with rotating weekends every third weekend.
– Compensation for this position is anticipated to be between $17 – $19 per hour. If the range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to this role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
What You'll Do:
The Clinical Lab Specimen Processor works in a high volume environment and performs a vital component of clinical lab science essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. The Clinical Lab Specimen Processor role will include aspects such as:
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the lab to ensure accurate processing.
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing.
- Verify patient information matches the test requisition form; includes data entry into the LIMS / Laboratory Information system to accurately track.
- Receive and route specimens to their respective staging areas.
- Pack and ship specimens to the proper testing facilities when required.
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision when necessary.
What You'll Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent, or AS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or similar.
- Willingness to learn, or any previous experience in either an academic or commercial laboratory (internships included).
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.