Do you have a Bachelor of Science and ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification? Are you looking to grow within a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Hospital Cytotechnologist role could be the perfect next step in your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Cytotechnologist that wants to play a key role in helping patients achieve the healthcare they need. You'll have an opportunity to be in the procedure room and a direct part of the healthcare and clinical process. This role is a contract-to-hire opportunity working directly within a hospital setting at recognized facilities in the Kansas City area, involving approximately 20% travel. The position hours are 1st Shift, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
What You'll Do:
The Hospital Cytotechnologist screens and evaluates any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions. The Hospital Cytotechnologist role will include aspects such as:
- Screening of all liquid-based cytology, both manual and imaged, as well as conventional slides.
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens following laboratory procedures and workload policies.
- Ensure proper documentation of workload recording, including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA and laboratory guidelines.
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results.
- Meet slide screening requirements as per standard operating procedure.
- Finalize testing results into the computer in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide backup for cytology processing and other tasks as needed.
- Comply with all safety, infection control, and HIPAA policies.
- Provide occasional assistance at local hospitals on ultrasound-guided FNA procedures.
What You'll Bring:
- BS from an accredited college/university.
- Successful completion of an accredited Cytology program.
- ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification is required.
- Prior experience working in Cytology is preferred.
- ThinPrep Certification is a plus.
- Candidates will need to pass slide screening requirements and annual CAP proficiency test.
Candidate will also need to have the following in order to be successful in the role:
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyto Preparation techniques.
- Some familiarity with Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS).
- Ability to work independently or with others within the hospital setting.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
Covid vaccination required.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/