Do you have your ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification? Are you looking to grow and learn at a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Clinical Cytotechnologist role could be the perfect next step in your career path – especially for experienced Travelers, or those looking to become a Traveler!
– ASCP (CT) Certification required, with at least one year of direct clinical lab experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
– Contract position 1st shift, Monday – Friday, from 8:00am – 4:30pm
– The compensation for this position is anticipated to be approximately $60 – $90 per hour, dependent upon experience. If the range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to this role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
What You'll Do:
The Clinical Cytotechnologist screens and evaluates any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions. The Cytotechnologist role will include aspects such as:
- Screening of all liquid-based cytology, both manual and imaged, as well as conventional slides.
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens following laboratory procedures and workload policies.
- Ensure proper documentation of workload recording, including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA and laboratory guidelines.
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results.
- Meet slide screening requirements as per standard operating procedure.
- Finalize testing results into the computer in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide backup for cytology processing and other tasks as needed.
- Comply with all safety, infection control, and HIPAA policies.
- No cutting or embedding requirements are in place.
What You'll Bring:
- AS, BS or Cytotechnology program certificate from an accredited college/university.
- Successful completion of an accredited Cytology program.
- ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification is required.
- At least 1 year of prior experience working in Cytology is required.
- ThinPrep Certification is a plus.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.