Our partner is searching for Senior Software Engineer will be a key participant in designing their data pipeline and application architecture, keeping security, cost, & performance in mind. You will work within a cross-disciplinary team of data engineers, front end designers, and cloud architects to research, design and build machine learning systems, algorithms and tools that put the “human in the loop”.
As a Senior member of the team, you will have the opportunity to help move their software development practices forward by guiding others on design and best practices. You'll mentor other engineers, conduct code reviews, and help write technical requirements across product-driven scrum teams. Most importantly, you'll be a pivotal part of a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and relies on data-driven decision making.
- You've been shipping production Python code for the last 5+ years, building scalable APIs that utilize cloud services
- You are a self starter that places high value on outcome over output, aligning yourself with the common goals of the team and the business
- You are energized by the pace of a high growth startup and solving complex problems
- You're an expert communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing
- You're obsessed with performing statistical analysis on the performance and accuracy of your data pipelines and tailoring your evaluation based on the use case
- Minimum 8 years of experience shipping production Python code
- 3+ years experience working in an event-driven, microservice ecosystem
- Experience designing scalable, highly available commercial APIs
- Experience designing and building authorization methods using fine-grained role-based access control
- Strong understanding of API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, SOAP, RPC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines and best practices
Preferred Skills that would be a bonus:
- Experience designing APIs that make use of AWS services including API Gateway, AppSync, Lambda, EC2/ECS, EKS, and database technologies such as DynamoDB and RDS
- Experience building APIs with authorization utilizing API Gateway usage plans and key management
Our partner is hiring a Data Quality Engineer to implement methods to improve data reliability and quality. They combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine readable formats. They also develop and test architectures that tenable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modeling.
The Data Quality team is tasked with improving the quality, and enhancing the value of the data obtained by their company in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Our main responsibility is to build the most innovative tools and the most robust processes to ensure that our customers' inquiries are satisfied and accurate, as complete and fast as possible, saving them hours of work.
As a DQ Data Engineer, you will craft the most innovative tools and methods to acquire raw data from a diverse set of sources, transform them through high-performance and high-value data cleansing and enhancement routines, and then organize them on to readily accessible information marts via the most efficient and robust data pipelines and APIs.
- You’ve been shipping production Python code for the last 7+ years. You are a Python expert.
- You have maintained, or been a regular contributor to open source projects for the last 2+ years.
- You have vast experience building applications that utilize AWS services – bonus points if you’ve designed and deployed applications following the AWS serverless framework
- You’re an expert communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing.
- You have strong analytical skill, the ability to combine data from different sources, and top notch coding skills.
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast-paced team.
- You are detail oriented with excellent organization skills and collaborative values.
Skills You Might Have:
Qualifications for success in this role:
- AWS toolset (s3 & dynamoDB)
- JSON, YML and related data structures
- Background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast-paced team
- Working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
- Data pipelining and big data wrangling experience
- Web Services & API building
- Proficiency with RDBMS, SQL and data warehouse protocols
- Familiarly with NoSQL and columnar databases (Redis, etc)
- Exposure to log/stack track warehousing, analysis and reporting
- KPI & OPI Reporting
Madison, WI or Remote
Our partner is looking for their next Test Engineer in a Scrum environment. You will help us build a great new health information network and technology stack to give valuable insights to all parties in the healthcare system. We are an agile devops team dedicated to delivering high quality products for our customers.
- Understands business requirements, creates automated test plan, and provides estimates for creation of automation tests and maintenance of those tests
- Works closely with other QA engineers to understand recommended tests for automation and product area functionality, to identify the best approach to automate those tests to bring process efficiency
- Works closely with Team Leads, Software Engineers, Product Owners, QA team members and other project stakeholders throughout the SDLC process
- Monitors automated tests for red tests ensuring they are researched and resolved in a timely manner
- Develops a process for adding and managing automated tests to ensure tests are updated accordingly based on the new business requirements of the product
- Proactively identifies product areas that may be appropriate for automation
- Advocates for product quality and user experience
- Mentors and onboards new team members to increase their knowledge and effectiveness
- Proactively identifies and discusses challenges, risk and mitigation plan with Manager and Team Leads for input before proceeding
- Configures and deploys test automation frameworks for all team members to use
- Develops and documents comprehensive test plan for integration and regression testing and quality assurance procedures
- Collaborates with Infrastructure team to develop and communicate testing and deployment strategies for the product you work on
- Be creative in solving engineering problems
- Adheres to healthcare industry standards and regulations
- Embraces and helps evolve our agile development practices
- Performs exploratory testing to identify the issue where it is not caught by automation tests
- 2+ years of software development/test in Python
- 2+ years of experience using Python, Pytest, Selenium, Requests and Postman for test automation
- Start-up ready, able to adapt well to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git
- Proven understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to interface with them
- Good understanding of front-end web development
- Solid understanding of security for cloud software as a service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong communicator to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the company
- 1+ year of experience using Postgres or MySQL for running queries and doing database validation
- 1+ year of experience using Jenkins, CircleCI or other tooling for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Familiar with automation software and tools such as Confluence, Jira and TestRail
- Familiar with test driven development (TDD) or behavior driven development (BDD)