Carex’s partner in Madison, WI is seeking a Data Analyst to join their team for a 1-year contract opportunity:
Job Purpose: In an independent capacity, the analyst will have the opportunity to make a significant impact through the discovery, development, and execution of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions. Additionally, this position will be able to produce exploratory analysis, reporting, and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. The analyst will collaborate with key business partners for the purpose of identifying and delivering robust reporting and analytics capabilities to drive improved business performance. The analyst is viewed as a subject matter expert in the business area's data and is responsible for optimizing core metrics, running and establishing new analytic operations, participating in cross-departmental projects, solving complex business problems, analyzing large datasets and extracting insights.
What you’ll do:
• Utilizes subject matter expert knowledge in specific business domain(s) and industry to:
o Support, optimize, and develop new analytics operations
o Provide data driven insights impacting the specific business domain(s)
o Help shape the analytic structure for the specific business domain(s)
o Help the business achieve its objectives and key results
• Supports the core metrics and key performance indicators for specific business domain(s), leading and lagging indicators, forecasts, and related historical performance
• Solves complex business domain problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions and approaches changes with flexibility.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; participates in and may lead small cross-departmental projects with manageable risks and resource requirements. We are looking for someone who has marketing analytics experience
Data Modeling, Reporting, & Business Intelligence:
• Subject matter expert understating of the relationships in specific business domain(s) data sets and how it changes and trends over time and the key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
• Collect, manipulate, and analyze complex datasets pertaining to specific business domain(s); utilizes standard formulas, methods, and BI tools as are common in the industry and relevant to the current data in all phases (collection, analysis, reporting).
• Helps set direction, updates, and modifies reporting on core metrics and key performance indicators for specific business domain(s). Utilizes BI/Reporting tools to explore data and produce outputs.
• Solves problems that impact complex situations; analyses possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents within level of authority
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines, best practices, and policies to meet deadlines. Business Data Communications:
• Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus and influence. Contributes to change initiatives by suggesting ways to clarify ambiguity.
• Prepares presentations, reports, or visualizations and presents this information various cross-departmental teams, while tailoring the presentation and insights to a level appropriate for the audience.
• Adapts to new situations such as teams, projects, or work processes.
• Champions relevant data to appropriate users in an organization and monitor the published data sources for usage/relevance/quality feedback. Works as part of a team dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the overall usefulness, integrity, and security of data across the enterprise.
What you’ll bring:
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or related field.
• 5+ years’ data analytics experience Business Domain Skills:
• Strong business acumen and analysis skills to understand and quantify the steps required, impacts, and benefits associated with implementing or changing business process, rules, policy, etc. to impact performance.
• In-depth understanding of products/services in own area and knowledge of those in other areas; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate our partner in the market.
• Strong understanding of applicable business concepts, metrics, processes, and systems for business domain(s).
•Ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive, production environment.
• Awareness of leading practices and how own area integrates with others Data Skills:
• Skilled in data mining technologies such as: Alteryx, Azure Data Factor,R/Python, DataBricks ,SQL, SAS
• Ability to interpret data models in conjunction with exploratory analysis of a database Data Knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge of key data within a specific data domain and or business unit, SME knowledge on one or more source systems
• Ability to start connecting multiple lines of business and or data domains across the enterprise
• Ability to tutor individuals within the department on specific data domains / businesses Data Modeling:
• Knowledge of the logical and physical data model currently leveraged by a specific business unit and data storage tools such as Snowflake and SQL Server.
• Often is called upon to augment existing data models with either new data elements or to update model based on changing requirements
• Ability to translate complex business requirements into model relationships
• Ability to provides basic datasets to analyst teams for exploratory analysis Reporting & BI:
• Skilled in BI applications such as PowerBI and Tableau
• Ability to construct dynamic reports / scorecards vs static reports
• Ability to represent relevant data within comprehensive visuals
• Ability to incorporate aesthetic principles into report / scorecard development Communications:
• Skilled with “demystifying” analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
• Capable of leading development of presentation logic and strong presentation skills • Ability to communicate (written & verbal) with internal and external teams regarding tasks / assignments
Carex is working with a highly regarded global organization based in the Madison area, who is looking to enhance their staff through the addition of an accomplished and innovative Software Business Analyst. This person should have experience with e-Commerce and CMS platforms. This key, hands-on role will act as the main liaison between business partners, customers, and design and technology staff to find opportunities to improve mobile and web applications. This position draws upon domain expertise with a responsibility of articulating design, functional and technical requirements for efforts that deliver measurable value and success for the product and the company as a whole.
What you’ll do:
The Analyst will work multiple and concurrent projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, KANBAN software development environment. Using outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with an understanding of technology, this role collects requirements with a focus on ensuring that personal and team quality and timeline standards are met. In addition, this person will take full responsibility for seeing stories through the full life cycle of development and leadership of projects. This individual must be ambitious, have a high sense of urgency, require minimal supervision, and balance issues in an efficient manner providing accurate status reports as required. Existing processes and tools will be used with active participation in the identification and implementation of new tools expected.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technologies related discipline and three (3) or more years’ experience in business and/or systems analysis with B2C/B2B facing sites.
- Exceptional business and technical communication skills and an ability to conduct interviews and facilitate group discussions.
- Ability to lead a work group through the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated success leading business and/or technical requirements throughout the development and/or project lifecycle. Experience with JIRA and Confluence, a plus.
- Ability to use animated mock-ups, flowcharting, storyboarding, style sheets, and other tools to demonstrate and illustrate application, system, and user experience and interface enhancements beneficial.
- Experience with Business-to-Consumer (B2C), Business-to-Business (B2B), e-Commerce, Content Management Systems (CMS), Database principles, Inventory Control/Management, Point of Sale (POS), Procurement Systems and/or 3rd party integration platforms for software that delivers Analytics, Ratings and Reviews, Product Finders, etc.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service, product quality, and doing the “right thing” in a dynamic environment with multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Effective working individually and within multiple team settings.
- Strong process management and problem-solving skills required with experience in agile/KANBAN software development a plus.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Understanding of testing and release management techniques and technologies required.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
- Competitive vacation package
- 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts.