Carex's partner is unlocking the future of virtual care! Their mission is to increase access to convenient and cost-effective care on a single platform connected to our nation's health systems.
They are seeking a direct-hire, remote business intelligence developer (BID). This individual will be responsible for connecting the business requirements and associated functions to meet current and future business needs. They own triaging analytics needs, gathering requirements, and building solutions to meet those needs. A BID is well-versed in Epic, including end-user workflows and has the technical skills required to design and write reports to meet stakeholder needs.
What you'll do:
§ Create and support business intelligence tools and reports
§ Design, code, test, and aggregate results from SQL queries to provide information to users
§ Engage leaders to discuss and influence options for new business intelligence capabilities and insights
§ Gather, document, and maintain business requirements
§ Assist with system logging, triage, and responding to issues
§ Support operational business improvement initiatives by developing and designing reports
§ Validate data integrity, monitor system performance, and deliver on data and reporting requests
§ Configuring and testing Epic-released and Foundation System content for all applications, including:
ú Reporting Workbench
ú SlicerDicer data models
ú Radar dashboards
ú Cogito SQL
§ Creating content to display Epic data from Chronicles, Clarity, and Caboodle
§ Writing SQL and configuring Radar settings for custom SQL metrics
§ Creating dashboards and reports from a variety of non-Epic systems for clinical, financial, technical, product and client success needs
§ Distributing analytics content to data consumers
§ Maintaining the Analytics Catalog and associated metadata records
§ Testing analytics build in a specified testing environment and volume testing in live environments
§ Reviewing upgrade documentation related to Clarity and Caboodle features and determining how to implement the changes
§ BIDs might also be responsible for building and maintaining:
ú SlicerDicer custom filters
ú Third-party BI tools
ú Custom Epic data in Caboodle
What you’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of BI developer experience required
- 5+ years of Epic reporting experience required
- Epic certification in Cogito Fundamentals and Cogito Tools Administration required
- Completion of one of the following Epic training tracks preferred:
- Access Data Model Certification
- Clinical Data Model Certification
- Revenue Data Model Certification
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with visualization technologies (example: Power BI)
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
- Proficiency with data warehouse and data dictionary
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly organized, able to multi-task as well as maintain intense focus on individual tasks
- Self-starter with ability to maintain schedule, meet deadlines, and monitor one’s own work product
Do you have a passion for data architecture and design? Are you an inquisitive person with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills?
If so, Carex’s partner in the Madison, WI area has a new full-time/Direct-Hire opportunity with their Enterprise Data Management Team for a Data Solutions Architect. This role will be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of data solutions for the organization. This position will partner with the business to define and document business requirements as well as the translation of business requirements into efficient data implementations. The Data Solutions Architect will perform functional business process analysis, determine appropriate data acquisition and ingestion methods, determine placement of content in data storage and presentation layers, identify data relationships and data transformation requirements.
- Newly created position that will directly support the organization’s goal of Enterprise Data Warehouse Modernization
- Opportunity to support the information delivery life-cycle of key business initiatives that directly impact our partner’s health plan members
- Full-time virtual, telecommuting, work from home option available
What you’ll do:
- Architects, designs, enhances, and supports delivery of data integrations, enterprise data warehouse, data marts, and data submissions.
- Identifies, develops, and documents data acquisition and delivery requirements to meet business and customer needs.
- Facilitates group discussions and join data design sessions with the business area subject matter experts.
- Designs data models and data processing flows for data acquisition, reporting and analysis.
- Develops, implements, and maintains standards and procedures concerning the design and use of data for compilation and delivery.
- Coordinates data solution delivery and supports data analysis and data development staff as necessary in the development and maintenance of data implementations.
- Queries, analyzes, and interprets complex data stored in the source and target systems.
- Works with business stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and supports their data infrastructure needs.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience, and continuing education related to the position.
- 8+ years of experience in information architecture, information management and data analysis
- 8+ years of experience translating business requirements into technical data requirements.
- 8+ years of data modeling experience in a data warehouse and OLTP environments.
- 8+ years of SQL programming experience.
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of data architecture and data modeling tools.
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing and OLTP design principles and associated data management and delivery requirements.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, analytical software, and MS Office Suite.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate data management concepts to the business and within IT.
- Effective interaction with internal and external parties including vendors and contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to direct others to timely completion.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and be adaptable to change.
- Must be inquisitive and seek answer to questions without being asked.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this full-time role will start out working remotely. As things improve with the pandemic, this position will have the option transition, fully or partially, to one of the offices in Madison, WI or Sauk City, WI office. Hardware and equipment will be provided by the company, but candidates must have access to high-speed, non-satellite Internet to successfully work from home.
Our partner offers an excellent benefit and compensation package, opportunity for professional growth and a professional culture built upon the foundation of Respect, Responsibility, Relationships, and Resourcefulness. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
Our partner values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.