Are you looking for a new challenge in the field of data warehousing? Do you have a strong background in database administration? Are you able to understand and discuss technical software issues with both internal customers and external vendors? If so, Carex’s partner has the opportunity for you. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity, with an estimated 3-month evaluation period.
Our client partner is seeking a Database Management & Analytics Administrator to join their Enterprise Data Management Department. This position will administer and maintain data management, reporting, and analytics platforms to ensure their availability, performance, integrity, and security according to established Service Level Targets (SLTs). The role will also serve as the primary liaison with the managed services providers, infrastructure, application development and security teams, and is responsible for capacity, growth and resource planning, and disaster recovery and testing.
What you’ll do:
- Maintenance and support of Data Management, Reporting, and Analytics Platforms:
- Responsible for reporting, analytics and data management platform software deployment, configuration, and upgrades.
- Responsible for reporting, analytics and data management platforms stability, performance monitoring, remediation, and improvements.
- Serves as the primary liaison with the managed services providers, infrastructure, application development and security teams.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining policies and procedures relating to the reporting, analytics and data management platform security and account access.
- Responsible for data management, reporting and analytics platform capacity, growth, and resource planning.
- Support for Development Teams:
- Consults and provides support to Business Intelligence and ETL Developers, and Data Analysts
- Enhances team documentation to aid in training and improving off-hour support
- Provides subject matter expertise on reporting, analytics, and data management platform architecture, capabilities, system configuration and administration
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable experience and continuing education related to the position
- 7+ years of experience in administration, maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning of the data management, analytics, reporting and visualization platforms
- 3+ years of experience in a managed service environment
- Database administration experience with one or more: (Microsoft SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, MySQL, Snowflake).
- Experience working in Windows Server and UNIX environments.
- Experience with managed service cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience with administration and maintenance of the enterprise data integration and processing platforms (Informatica PowerCenter, IBM InfoSphere, Talend, Pentaho).
- Experience with administration and maintenance of the reporting and data visualization tools (Business Objects, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI).
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix Scripting (Batch, VBScript, PowerShell, Shell)
- Ability to work as part of a team in an open environment that facilitates information exchange
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete timely
- Create strong relationships and provide positive experiences for internal partners
- Opportunity to administer various data management and reporting technologies within a cloud environment
- Opportunity to manage new technologies such as Snowflake and cloud-based data integration toolsets
- Option to work in-person, hybrid, or remote available
- Competitive starting salary with robut benefits package
This full-time role will have the option to work at one of the offices in Madison, WI or Onalaska, WI 100% in person or in hybrid capacity, or as a telecommuter working from home. Hardware and equipment will be provided by the company, but candidates must have access to high-speed, non-satellite Internet to successfully work from home.
Our partner offers an excellent benefit and compensation package, opportunity for career advancement and a professional culture built upon the foundations of Respect, Responsibility & Relationships. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.