Our Partner, an innovative leader in the manufacturing industry is hiring a Director of Technology Systems. In this newly created role, you will report to the CIO and will play a pivotal role in aligning internal technology systems and solutions. You will work closely with functional and technical leaders to plan for and execute enabling technology solutions. You will understand the business holistically and drive strategic alignment across teams. Ideal candidates will have hands on experience creating/building technology solutions and leading teams to implement new systems that drive the business forward.
This role will be based in the Greater Madison, WI area. Candidates are expected to work ~3 days per week in the office.
What you’ll do:
- Partners with functional and technical leaders to identify and plan capabilities necessary to meet short and long-term business needs
- Informs and drives strategic alignment and partnerships with functional and technical peers and leaders
- Connects the dots across multiple levels and related functions to understand the business holistically
- Evaluates research and market analysis, meets with third party vendors, and maintains knowledge of industry innovations and technology platforms to inform strategy
- Drives growth for the business by applying technical and domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action
- Defines and communicates value propositions, success metrics, and outcomes
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Develops, plans, and implements sustainable, repeatable, and reliable processes; oversees process improvement
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports
- Manages and coordinates strategic direction for staff
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years’ experience developing business applications and information technology solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience utilizing and implementing various technology solutions; including ERP’s, Data Systems, and other internal technology solutions
- 5+ years’ experience leading technology teams, including developers, data analytics, web, etc.
- A hands-on “build” mindset – with interest/capability to identify, implement and manage creative technology solutions
- Versatile in various technology stacks including front end and back end technology such as Angular, React or similar; .NET, C#, and relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM AS/400 (IBM i)
- Successful track record demonstrating the ability to work within a highly matrixed organization to lead and influence global change; multicultural experience to enable effective working across geographically dispersed teams in a multi-faceted, global company