Our partner is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer in Seattle, WA. This is a long-term contract and candidates must be willing to work in a hybrid capacity.
You will be working within an engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable platform. Utilizing Java Spring Boot Microservices hosted on Kubernetes in AWS.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will build an ever-evolving scalable and performant platform, work in small agile teams to design, develop and maintain our products in a continuously integrated environment. You will create new services as well as enhance existing ones. You will build automated regression tests, participate in peer code reviews, and provide estimates on new work and mentor junior members of the team on best practices and design principles.
This team is looking for a candidate who enjoys building services from scratch, challenges the status quo, simplifies architecture, does not hesitate from taking initiative, and loves to learn innovative technologies . With your experience, technical skills, and passion for mentoring and inspiring others, you will create the components and experiences that enable the platform.
What You Will Do
- Own the end-to-end product life cycle for mid to large-size projects, leading design, development, testing, and deployment efforts while providing operational excellence and support
- Develop scalable, robust, fault-tolerant software systems to support complex business-critical problems and requirements
- Lead, coordinate and collaborate on multiple, complex cross-organizational technical initiatives
- Advance the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices; guide and support junior team members to adapt standard methodologies
- Continually research and advocate for industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
- Come up with reasonable resource and architectural compromises when taking time and resource constraints into consideration.
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed teams
- Aim for continuous improvement in software and development process with an Agile development team
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, cloud native patterns, and system architecture
- Able to independently drive features from inception through to completion and production deployment
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Groovy and Kotlin (optional but highly valued)
- Experience designing and working with REST APIs and familiarity with the development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud ( e.g., AWS )
- Demonstrated ability to deliver low-latency, resilient, highly scalable APIs
- Experience using code versioning tools ( e.g., Git) and IntelliJ IDE
- Experience with caching, relational, non-relational database technologies (Dynamo DB, RDS, Redis, etc)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Gradle
- You have robust knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Docker and Amazon Web Services (AWS) and how to use them in a CI/CD environment.
- Strong background in third-party cloud services, especially Amazon AWS (ECS, IoT, Serverless, CloudFormation)
- Able to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams, working across multiple locations
Senior Full Stack Developer (REMOTE)
Carex’s partner is looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a growing cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Easy growth into a leadership role is also possible from this position. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both frontend and backend coding, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
What You’ll Do:
• Able to design, develop, test/debug, and maintain web-based software
• Work with project manager, graphic designer, and business analyst(s) to develop new features
• Ensuring cross-platform compatibility and optimization
• Keeping up with technological advances to optimize their software
• Communicating best practice and recommended technical solutions to decision makers
• Participate in daily standups and provide updates to team members
• Considers security, maintenance, scalability, and more when developing
• Review and update the status of assigned Jira tasks
What You’ll Bring:
• Has a minimum of 2+ years full-stack software development experience in a professional work environment (5+ preferred)
• Proven ability to develop resilient code (using best practices and error handling) that performs and scales for large enterprise needs
• Ability to process and manage multiple, concurrent priorities
• Capable of backend development in VUE and Node.js
• Version control systems like Git and GitHub
• Experience with AWS or other Cloud systems for deployment
• Experience creating and consuming API’s or experience developing web services
• Familiarity in database storage solutions like SQL and JSON
• Familiarity in Jira and Agile methodologies (preferred)
• Has worked in a dynamic, small company environment and has a demonstrated ability to deliver with minimal direction
• High attention to detail
• Creative thinker
• Clear communicator
• Fully remote position open to candidates in the US (Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required)
• Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance — starting on Day 1!
• Company-sponsored 401k options
• Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
• A FUN team-oriented company culture!