Carex is working with a Wisconsin based healthcare and health insurance organization to hire an HR Compensation Analyst. This person must be located in Wisconsin and is responsible for independently performing professional level human resources work. The incumbent will primarily be assigned responsibilities in the areas of classification and compensation related work. Additionally, the HR Compensation Analyst provides leadership and guidance to other HR staff and may be assigned responsibilities related to but not limited to policy and procedure development, leading special projects and organizational initiatives. The HR Compensation Analyst performs under the general direction, guidance and supervision of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
What you’ll do:
Performance of Classification and Compensation Activities:
- Performs Job Evaluation and Classification
- Performs job analysis, job description review, and consultation, and determination of appropriate classification and titles for new and modified positions.
- Responsible for ensuring job descriptions are appropriately reviewed and up to date.
- In collaboration with job experts, reviews, evaluates and recommends changes, if appropriate, and approves requests for reclassification, rate and title change and new classifications. Collaborates with HR Business Partners in response to department requests, ensuring needs are met.
- Conducts research to develop job descriptions for new and existing positions. Surveys prevailing best practices. e. Assigns new titles to appropriate pay range based upon research, internal equity and market.
- Assists HR Business Partners with reviewing job descriptions prior to posting for recruitment purposes.
- Provides input on organizational development issues, job restructuring, as needed including identifying options.
- Participates in the maintenance of the on-line network filing system of job descriptions.
- Performs Compensation Plan Design, Review and Annual Update including evaluate, review, design, recommend and implement changes to the company Compensation Plan.
- Conducts and/or participates in the annual compensation plan review and update.
- Researches, analyzes and provides recommendations regarding compensation plan trends in the Healthcare industry.
- Conducts and/or participates in annual market survey for identified benchmark jobs and other specialized surveys related to the annual compensation plan review, as requested. Designs and updates survey instrument, as required.
- Participates in, designs, conducts, and analyzes periodic external market surveys to evaluate company’s pay position and make recommendations for plan and range changes.
- Conducts specialized surveys and studies as required to determine prevailing wages, market position and compensation practices and to address specific pay plan issues based on turnover analysis, other relevant factors or management request.
- Working in collaboration with the HR Business Partners, provides advice and counsels departmental managers regarding compensation issues.
- Participates in published and external ad-hoc surveys, as requested and as appropriate.
- Recommends pay grade assignment for new positions to compensation plan based on internal equity, market and relevant compensable factors.
- Reassigns positions to new salary ranges based on organizational needs and market demands.
- Ensures compensation programs and policies are in compliance with state and federal law.
- Provides Salary Administration including provision of advice, evaluation and consultation to company management and HR department staff.
- Supports management in annual salary planning and budgeting through analysis of department/ individual pay position in ranges and makes recommendations.
- Designs, conducts and analyzes studies of internal equity, as required, on a periodic basis and ad hoc basis and recommend actions as necessary.
- Reviews requests for individual pay increases and collaborates with managers to resolve.
- Assists HR Business Partners with determining appropriate wage offers for new hires, considering compensable factors such as market, budget, internal equity, recruitment and retention rates, etc.
- Investigates and responds to various compensation-related inquiries and resolves problems regarding the application of rules, policies and procedures.
- Administers and/or reviews incentive plan payments and programs, as assigned. Consults and communicates with Chief Human Resources Officer regarding classification and compensation related activities and recommendations.
Manages HR Related Projects as Assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer:
- Develops project plans, leads projects, and monitors project outcomes.
- Collaborates with HR department team members and with impacted customers including Senior leadership, department managers, and employees.
- Consults with, updates and regularly communicates project status to Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Seeks solutions based on business goals and strategies and identifies and implements plans for improvements.
- Makes presentations related to project goals, progress, and end results, as needed.
- Participates in company committees as assigned.
- Serves as HR liaison with organization-wide quality initiatives.
Provides leadership, direction and advice to HR department staff:
- Serves as an internal expert to HR department regarding a variety of HR functional areas. Provides consultation and advice as needed.
- Assists HR staff in review, analysis and problem solving of issues, as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations and provides direction to HR staff, as appropriate.
- Serves in a leadership capacity with departmental staff.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Resources Management, Social Science or relevant field; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as a Human Resources professional including compensation analysis. Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred. SHRM/PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification or World at Work (former American Compensation Association) CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification is desirable but not required.
- Broad knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management and administration including but not limited to compensation and classification methodology and employee recruitment and selection.
- Knowledge of human resources related laws and regulations including FLSA, FMLA and ADA requirements, employee selection, employee discipline and termination. 5. Knowledge of computer-based software programs such as MS Office Suite. Knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and effectively use Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) technology and programs used in employee management, recruitment and compensation administration. Ceridian experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic statistical analysis as applied to compensation analysis.
- Effective managerial and administrative abilities as applied to the management of multiple functions areas and projects. Effective organizational, planning, controlling and scheduling abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure sufficient to meet fixed deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail required. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy including data management.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effect collaborative alliances and promote teamwork.
Carex is working with a well-respected family-owned company in the greater Madison area to find their next HR Generalist – Bilingual candidates are preferred, but this is not required. This position will provide support for the Human Resources Manager in the areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, HRIS and policy administration.
What you’ll do:
- Assists and participates in employee investigations and disciplinary meetings as needed.
- Handles day to day questions and concerns from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizes data and recommends improvements.
- Responsible for day-to-day benefits administration, including new hires, changes, terminations, and open enrollment.
- Responsible for with leave administration including FMLA, STD, and LTD.
- Assists with New Hire Orientation and Paperwork as needed.
- Process necessary payroll paperwork, ensuring timely and accurate completion
- Complete Unemployment Paperwork, employment verifications
- Develop and update job descriptions
- Responsible for recruitment process for assigned positions/requisitions this may include posting the position, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, scheduling interviews, making employment offers, etc.
- Update and maintain confidential personnel files and HRIS System (ADP).
What you’ll bring:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel and external customers is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years HR Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish and English), written and verbal communication skills are preferred.
- Ability to independently research and acquire related knowledge and/or problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and Company information.
- Excellent customer service and diplomacy skills required.
- Must be self-guided and able to manage time and priorities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience working with ADP is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize.
- Highly accurate and attentive to detail.
Carex is growing! We have several remote IT Recruiting Consultant opportunties available (both contract and direct hire). Providing candidates a positive experience, while simultaneously wowing our client partners is what motivates us to do great work.
“Care. Be Real. Have Fun” is our internal mantra and our culture and policies support that sentiment. The ideal candidate is a go-getter who enjoys a challenge and fast-paced environment. The Carex culture is based on long-term relationships and a strong sense of urgency. No two days are alike! Our values include taking ownership, not being afraid to try new things, failing fast, and staying positive. This is the fun team you’ll get to work with: /about-carex/
What You’ll Do:
- Source, screen, and introduce candidates to our partner companies; most roles will be technical in nature, but there's a wide variety to keep it fun
- Pseudo full desk technical recruiting, without the expectations of building a book of business (no sales required!)
- Facilitate intake meetings with hiring managers, asking insightful and meaningful questions
- Build and enhance relationships with key decision makers
- Act as the primary point of contact and liaison between Carex and our partner organizations
- Update Carex’s Applicant Tracking system, ensuring all data is up to date and completed
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in IT or Tech recruiting, or similar experience (sales, HR, etc)
- A passion for recruiting and building long-term relationships with both company partner contacts as well as candidates
- Superb time management capabilities and strong sense of urgency
- Excellent relationship building skills with a natural curiousity, and knack for asking great questions
- Flexible, with the ability and willingness to change direction quickly
- Experience in a fast paced organization is ideal
- 4 year degree preferred but not required