Our Partner is hiring a Buyer. In this role, you’ll work closely with the supply chain and contracts team to execute purchasing activities for the department. You’ll be responsible for processing requisitions from business units and efficiently turning these requisitions into purchase orders. May be responsible for setting up inventory programs, seeking out process improvement opportunities, and evaluating and adopting technology improvements (such as automation) to enhance productivity in purchasing.
What you’ll do:
- Handles all aspects of purchase order creation and close-out.
- Works in the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) and other supply chain platforms to execute and make updates to purchase orders as needed to ensure accurate processing.
- Develops an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Provides report-outs to management that indicate closed purchase orders and other data, including spend associated with vendors and purchase orders.
- Determines automation opportunities related to replenishment of routinely purchased items.
- Manages punch-out/catalogue purchases and determines opportunities to improve efficiency and use of such systems.
- Implements and supports best practices including solid supplier relationships, investment recovery, on-line requisitioning, electronic data interchange (EDI), supplier-assisted inventory management and e-commerce.
What you’ll bring:
- 4 years of related experience in purchasing or supply chain Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Knowledgeable in procurement processes.
- Proficient in ERP (preferably version 9.2) and other e-Procurement tools.
- Preferred – Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management.