Our partner in the biotech space is looking to add a Strategic Commercialization Manager (or Sr. Manager!) to the team. You'll work in conjunction with Product Managers to develop, plan, communicate, execute, and monitor worldwide commercialization strategies (short and long-term) and marketing tactics for the Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) product portfolios using clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets, and metrics.
Responsible for managing the programs and communications about our products and services to internal and external customers in assigned portfolio area(s). Translate and coordinate Strategic Business Unit (SBU) market segments strategies and goals into SPM commercial plans and activities. Work closely with branch marketing and marketing services to ensure successful adoption and execution of global commercialization plans and activities.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement cohesive go-to-market strategies and commercialization tactics for the assigned portfolio of products to maximize product revenue growth and achieve forecast goals. Areas of focus include:
- Development of product marketing strategies.
- Function as commercial marketing expert.
- Support coordination of Product Management, market segment SBU and Sales/Branch marketing efforts.
- Monitor, analyze and recommend commercial marketing plans and tactics.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing Services, and SBU market segments to use input from customer needs and competitive landscape to create overall messaging strategy and promotional tactics to maximize product portfolio revenue.
- Propose product marketing strategies and obtain buy-in from Portfolio and Product Manager(s), SBU Marketing and Branch Marketing on commercial marketing and tactical plans. Define and manage tactical plans for new product introductions and legacy products which may include website refinement, e-marketing campaigns, printed brochures, sales tools, press releases, and public relations to meet business objectives, deadlines, and budget.
- Develop, communicate, and implement global commercial marketing plans that include market assessment, situation analysis, product/technology positioning and elements of marketing mix (product, price, promotion, distribution) based on product/technology value proposition to achieve product and portfolio goals. Develop and execute:
- Detailed tactical plans and metrics for product launches and legacy products.
- Marketing collateral in support of new and legacy products.
- Campaigns / themes and support tools for trade shows and conferences.
- Analysis of competitor commercialization activities and tactics and recommendations for strategic counter tactics.
- Working with Product Managers and market segment SBUs, provide input into new product development processes and strategic product roadmaps including situation analysis, SWOT, product/technology positioning, market size, customer segmentation, and pricing as appropriate to help ensure market fit and define market potential for new product concepts.
- Lead logistics for development of materials and campaign/theme selection for global or branch promotions. Collaborate with sales channels on requests for special promotional programs or training; work with internal marketing and technical staff to evaluate requests and recommend/implement action plans.
- Network with sales, branches, distributors, and customers to understand needs/motivators to use for developing the most effective regional and global promotions. Collaborate with sales management and Branch Marketing Managers to plan and coordinate product/technology commercialization efforts aligned with marketing strategies.
- Develop and communicate training and presentations about campaigns/promotions and marketing strategy to branches, direct sales, distributors and/or internal staff. Participate and/or present in sales and marketing meetings.
- Identify metrics and measure effectiveness of marketing tools and programs. Create and communicate metrics including ROI for all promotional programs.
- 10. Working with product management, create and manage the overall SPM marketing budget based on the yearly planned commercialization activities across the entire portfolio. Create the budget for assigned areas associated with commercialization tactics. Analyze expense results, trend lines, identification, and explanation of exception items. Regularly monitor tactic performance based on target metrics and make recommendations for plan adjustment in budget and activities based on data driven results.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Support SPM management for special projects or duties.
- Lead, identify and appraise commercial opportunities which may be significant technology collaborations or acquisitions.
- The individual may also have accountability for certain Product Management, Global Strategic Marketing activities associated with the portfolio.
- BS in life science field required.
- MBA or equivalent business and marketing experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience in life science marketing.
- Ability to comprehend and present intermediate level molecular biology techniques.
- In-depth understanding of marketing functions including strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, and customer communications.
- Strong public speaking skills needed to represent our partner at external meetings, conferences, and organizations. Able to present high-level information for multiple audiences ranging from scientist to marketers.
- Attend industry trainings, workshops, conferences, focus groups and other activities associated with commercialization tactics as a presenter or representative.
- Proven ability to analyze issues, think strategically and creatively and execute innovative ideas for the product/portfolio in the target market segment.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple detailed projects and assignments simultaneously and independently.
- Proficient in Windows PC based environment and MS Office
- Five or more years’ experience in marketing management of molecular biology products or services.
- Global knowledge of local cultures and business practices needed to successfully market to the applied sciences market segments.
- Sales experience.