Carex Consulting is recruiting for a fully remote Solutions Engineer. Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
The Solution Engineering area of responsibility includes a mix of engineering skill-sets that serves as an interface between clients and product engineering teams. Striving to find effective, sustainable technical solutions to expedite a client’s usage of the company software platform and keep product engineering teams focused on prioritized feature development. Solution Engineering combines responsibilities of software, systems, integration and data engineering. You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We’re looking for talented individuals who can serve as subject matter experts in their area of focus and represent their departments on complex assignments. You’ll be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation, and offer recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You’ll listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with their expectations.
What you’ll do:
Specific work will focus on software design and implementation for data integrations, administrative self-help portals, low-code/no-code solutions, and customer-facing documentation such as statements of work, design documents, and SDKs.
- Writing, integrating, debugging, documenting, testing and supporting the solutions they develop
- Design and implement technical solutions in priority order of business plans and customer criticality levels
- Has or develops a strong understanding of the company platform and technologies and work with customers to leverage existing features and functions
- Development of data models, and the installation, configuration, and upgrade of database servers, MDM, report creation and maintenance.
- Partner integration work including the defining, configuring, validating and enhancing, or maintaining integrations
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
- Use open source frameworks, including Java, to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
- Work with CloudOps, Enablement and other Software Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews
- Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
- Work across product roadmap initiatives
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration
- Work with various design and architectural patterns
- Work with applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level system.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in application design and development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
- Must be available for on-call after-hours rotations for critical system outages
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when safety travel guidelines are in place.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
- 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language, including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating and consuming Restful and/or SOAP API’s
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc).
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
- Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object oriented development
- Evolving communication and collaboration skills.