Do you have a BS in Chemical Engineering or similar background and are well-versed within small molecule, API or similar manufacturing? Looking to find an exciting role within a respected biotech/pharma company? This could be the perfect next step in your career!
This role is onsite in Madison, WI with a relocation package available.
The annual base compensation range for this position is anticipated to be between approximately $100K – $150K per year. If the range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to this role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
What You'll Do:
The Process / Project Engineer will play a cornerstone role in leading the engineering capital projects and continuous improvement projects within a high-quality small molecule manufacturer. Additionally, you'll also have the opportunity to provide process engineering support for the transfer of new processes from development into manufacturing. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Conduct business studies geared towards developing the technical and business justification for engineering capital projects.
- Identify and select the best option during conceptual design, and lead internal teams and consulting engineering firms during schematic design, detailed design & implementation.
- Develop full scope, schedule and budget.
- Support construction, commissioning and qualification.
- Share project status reports with leadership and colleagues.
- Monitor project progress and work with team members and company leadership to address issues.
- Identify and execute Continuous Improvement projects related to process and process utility systems for small molecule synthetic organic chemistry and API manufacturing.
- Support transfer of new processes from development into manufacturing, and provide ongoing manufacturing troubleshooting as needed.
- Develop engineering documents such as process descriptions, user requirements, mass balances, flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Participate in the design, configuration and start-up of new manufacturing processes, equipment and utility systems, including technology transfer and support of qualification activities.
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years engineering experience within a small molecule synthetic organic chemistry, API, fine chemical, or biotechnology manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with small molecule organic chemistry and API manufacturing equipment and utility systems such as chemical reactors, filters, dryers, vacuum pumps, scrubbers, purified water, compresses gases and engineered heat transfer fluid systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex engineering projects with minimal daily instruction.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of engineering project experience in small molecule or API environments, including as a technical lead or in project management lead roles.
- Expertise with hazardous material storage/handling/disposal, Process Hazard Analysis methodologies, code compliance and hazardous electrical area classification.
- Experience designing and implementing engineering controls for containment of highly potent APIs.
- Experience with cGMP practices within an FDA-regulated industry.
- Experience in design or Continuous Improvement of manufacturing processes, equipment, and utility systems.
- Experience using processes such as Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, FMEA, DOE and similar.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.