Do you have an Associate's in Medical Technology, a BS in Biology, Chemistry or a similar laboratory sciences, or your MLT/MLS certification and are looking to gain further experience and a foot in the door to a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Travel Medical Lab Tech II role could be the perfect additional spring board on your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Travel Medical Lab Tech II to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the 2nd shift team. This role is a 6 month contract to start and provides exceptional experience and an opportunity with a well-known and admired company! The position is a travel role and will be a key team member at the Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, as well as local clinics as needed. The shift is only 4 days per week, 10 hour shifts per day which will be 12:30pm – 11pm, rotating every other weekend. A generalist with at least 2+ years of experience in chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, virology, blood gas or blood banks is ideal!
What You'll Do:
The Travel Lab Technician II performs routine medical laboratory tests essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and typically works under the mentorship of a Medical Technologist. The Lab Tech II role will include aspects such as:
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
What You'll Bring:
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology or similar (MLT MT) or a BS in Biology, Chemistry or related degree.
- At least 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Must be New York State Licensed.
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/