Carex’s partner, based in Janesville, WI, is a family owned and operated manufacturing company. They have been the world leader in custom thermoformed packaging serving the Medical, Electronic and Consumer industries for the past 50 years. A global leader with strong technology based who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while recognizing their opportunity to make a difference and continued career growth.
Our partner is seeking a new VP of Information Technology to join their business. The VP of Information Technology oversees, monitors, and manages all aspects of information technology globally for our partner. You will be developing the IT strategy and vision for the organization. Provide successful execution of the mission through the planning, development, acquisition, and deployment of Information Technologies while assessing risk and managing IT Security. The VP of Information Technology partners with the Executive Leadership Team and management team to drive organizational change and improve efficiency through the use of technology. The VP is responsible for leading, building and providing oversight to highly functional technology teams that include internal staff and strategic partners.
What you’ll do:
- Lead IT strategic and operational initiatives to achieve business goals by fostering innovation and aligning IT with the business.
- Prioritizing IT projects and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, maintenance, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Work with management team globally to ensure consistent processes and systems are used globally.
- Significantly contribute in strategic and operational decisions as a member of the senior management team.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure, goals, annual budgets, and operating procedures that support the needs of the business.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT solutions including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments and develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Adeptly negotiate wide array of technology services and contracts across multiple IT vendors.
- Create, drive and maintain a structure that helps our partner realize the benefits associated with the ERP endeavor. The VP of Information Technology will play a critical role in the ongoing efforts to:
- Improve business efficiency — Share responsibility with the business for achieving process improvements based on business goals and needs.
- Enhance tools and capabilities — Deliver new and improved solutions based on business priorities and approved projects.
- Sustain existing ERP solutions — Operate and maintain integrated ERP solutions.
- Use a risk-based approach to define the company’s information security vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Act as CISO.
- Acquire and maintain good security tools and systems to prevent exploits.
- Assist in the creation and updating of Incident Response and Business Continuity Plans.
Data Strategy & Integration:
- Define technology structure and architecture for the strategic use of data to drive CRM, ERP, Quality, MES and other integrated system initiatives.
- Envision and oversee development of the reporting infrastructure and data structures needed to report out on all Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering & Operations performance.
- Investigate, drive and ensure predictive analytic solution design, guide implementations, and confirm end results meet the business requirements with respect to functionality, performance and scalability.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Information Technology, Networking, Business, or related field, or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience managing all elements of an IT department including leading the implementation technology applications, planning for risk and strategic growth, and leading IT staff. Demonstrated ability to lead and improve complex organizations.
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics and business application configuration and integration.
- Ability to speak, read, and write programming languages at an intermediate level.
- Familiarity with on premise and cloud computing technologies.
- Exposure to network infrastructure systems from Microsoft, HP, Palo Alto, and Dell.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Suite products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with remote locations.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.