Carex’s partner is a growing, publicly-traded bank based in Manitowoc, WI. They are a relationship-based bank focused on providing innovative solutions that are value driven to the communities they serve. Their culture celebrates diversity, creativity, and responsiveness, with the highest ethical standards. They support and encourage employees to develop their careers, empowered with the tools to be successful and be held accountable for the results they deliver to customers and shareholders.
They are seeking a VP of Compliance to join their team in 2023. This role will provide substantial growth opportunities and the bank also grows! Candidates must live within driving distance of Manitowoc, WI, as the role requires on-site presence 1-2 times per week.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all bank operations follow all relevant legal and internal compliance rules.
- Provide leadership, direction and integration of compliance activities to fulfill bank needs and state and federal regulations.
- Direct the formulation of strategic compliance planning for future growth of the bank.
- Direct integrated implementation and evaluation of compliance initiatives and on-going activities for the BSA/Compliance and CRA functional areas.
- Serve as the lead representative and advocate for the compliance function.
- Provide integrative leadership and strategic direction for the entire Compliance area including BSA/Compliance/CRA departments and staff.
- Direct long and short-term planning to develop and maintain a high performing Compliance department.
- Oversee compliance reviews and audits, internally and externally and interprets results to continuously improve the department.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of BSA/Compliance/CRA experience, 10+ years peferred
- Law or Master’s degree preferred, or Bachelor’s degree with related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to handle self professionally with all levels of management and auditors/regulators
- Attention to detail