Do you have a BS in Engineering, Plastic Molding/Tooling experience, and a background in Medical Devices? If you're looking for a company where you can get paid for your contributions and work with great people, this could be the role for you!
We're looking for a Project Engineer to join a great team onsite in New Richmond, WI (approximately 40 miles from Minneapolis). This position will serve as the site program leader, guiding projects from end-to-end, and will be responsible for controlling project quality, cost, and delivery to meet customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to orchestrate the efforts of cross-functional teams to ensure that project goals and objectives are met within scope, as well as manage project scope changes when it occurs. This position will have extensive external/internal customer facing responsibilities and we are seeking an exceptional communicator and collaborator with strong problem-solving skills.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum engineering of projects/programs to meet customer and manufacturing requirements
- Facilitate communication between customer, sales, engineering functions, outside vendors, manufacturing and multi-facility groups
- Maintain cost control and profitability through interaction with the accounting group, sales and customers
- Coordinate tooling programs from kick-off to part production ready (customer and manufacturing approval)
- Create, manage, and communicate project timelines
- Develop and establish cost estimates and project options to support quoting function
- Implement technical solutions to meet customer cost, quality, and delivery expectations
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline OR a minimum of 4 years applicable Engineering experience
- A minimum of 5 years plastic injection molding or tooling experience
- Previous project management experience
- Ability to travel to other facilities, suppliers or customer sites to support business needs
Ideal (but not Required) Experience:
- Previous leadership experience – may include direct supervision or mentoring/leading engineers
- Experience in medical manufacturing, preferably in plastic molding for medical products
- Experience with the medical manufacturing IQ/OQ/PQ validation process
- Project management for complex medical assemblies
- Experience with CAD software, such SolidWorks, Pro-E (Creo), Unigraphics, NX, Catia, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to perform process DOEs using Minitab statistical analysis or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of the injection molding process
- Ability to perform part DFM analysis with a knowledge of mold filling analysis tools and techniques
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Engineering, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with engineers throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Engineers placing Engineers and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/