Do you excel at coaching Managers and Directors, thrive at streamlining operations, and are looking to make a big impact? Do you want to continue skyrocketing from there with a world-renowned company that can continue propelling you? If you're looking to take the next leap in your career and be part of leading one of the largest and fastest-growing lab operations in the world, this Executive Director role could be the perfect next step for you!
*This position will require an individual to be based out of the Richmond, VA area; full relocation package is available.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the strategic and operational direction of a cutting edge bioanalytical laboratory. This leader will have a very high visibility role and have the opportunity to quickly implement practices that will streamline the business and increase revenue, while having a tremendous amount of support to do so. A background or experience in the Bioanalytical and CRO space, particularly Immunochemistry or Vaccines, are ideal.
What You'll Do:
The Executive Director will lead the continuing and rapid growth of laboratory operations by integrating operational processes, business development, R&D and QA functions. Key responsibilities include:
- Direct the development of new programs, and streamline current ones, for revenue enhancement / cost expense reduction, including post-evaluation of new implementations for effectiveness.
- Support business development in obtaining new clients and maintaining strong existing relationships.
- Maximize operating profit by leveraging lab resources, space allocation, and managing capital equipment, scientific instrumentation and staff management.
- Set operating standards and goals, as well as forecast and establish operating budgets.
- Develop forecasts maximizing operating profit.
- *This position will include up to 30% travel.
What You'll Bring:
We are looking for an accomplished laboratory operations leader with a solid technical laboratory background, as well as a proven and creative approach to problem-solving within the laboratory operations space. To be successful in this role, you'll require:
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory operations in pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Proficient in analytical, bioanalytical or clinical chemistry platforms and methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bioanalytical laboratory science, GxP, FDA and European regulations concerning relevant lab processes in drug development, method development, method validation, R&D, sample testing and data processing.
- Expertise in budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively lead and participate in activities including:
- Business development meetings and engagements, including presenting and highlighting capabilities and solutions to key clients.
- Regulatory Audit responses.
- Preparation and presentation of budgets and forecasts to senior and executive management.
- Comprehensive global and cultural awareness.
- Exposure and experience in mergers and acquisitions, as well as integrating business units with the ability to add value to the overall portfolio.
- Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results.
- Track record of building strong peer relationships and developing effective teams.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Effective marketing and negotiation abilities.
- BS degree in the life sciences; Advanced degree preferred.
- Approximately 15+ years previous experience leading multi-departmental clinical or analytical laboratories and developing and executing protocols or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced leadership skills, including approximately 10+ years of management responsibility.
- Expert business knowledge with a comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional areas.
- Understanding of Vaccine Sciences strongly preferred.
Take the next step in your career that you've been looking for and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com or Ginger Auchter at Ginger@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/