Do you have an Associate's in Medical Technology or a BS in Chemistry, Biology or a similar science field, your MT / MLT certification and are looking to join a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Clinical Med Tech role could be the perfect start to your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Clinical Medical Technician to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the Ascension Macomb Hospital Laboratory team. This role is starting as a Contract-to-Hire position and provides exceptional experience and an opportunity to get a foot in the door and join a well-known and admired company! The position is onsite at the is part of the Diagnostics area. Hours are Monday – Friday from 2:30pm – 11pm, with every other weekend.
What You'll Do:
The Associate Med Tech performs routine medical laboratory tests essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and typically works under the mentorship of a Medical Technologist. The Med Tech role will include aspects such as:
- High complexity testing, manual differentials and body fluid analysis, as well as blood banking, including blood bank crossmatching and issuing.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
What You'll Bring:
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology or similar (MLT MT) OR BS in Chemistry, Biology or a related science field.
- MT / MLT Certification.
- Willingness to learn, or up to 2 years of medical lab experience. Generalist experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Covid and Flu vaccination required.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Scientific, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with scientists throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Scientists placing Scientists and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/