Our partner is seeking a seasoned Sourcing and Contract Administrator to lead and coordinate the Strategic Projects department’s Request for Proposal (RFP) events, ensuring a smooth transition from project inception to completion. This role is central to the successful execution of multiple upcoming construction projects. The SCA will be instrumental in steering the RFP processes and may transition to the role of Contract Administrator as projects advance to the construction phase. This opportunity is ideal for candidates local to either Cedar Rapids or Madison.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Project Management, Regulatory, Engineering, and Supply Chain, alongside external Owner’s Engineers, to compile, manage and drive RFP documents to completion.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project scopes, identifying necessary services and equipment, and determining the suitable contracting methodology.
- Lead the creation and review of RFP commercial documents in conjunction with the Legal department, ensuring comprehensive construction and/or supply agreements.
- Steer the RFP process acting as the primary point of contact, managing bidder inquiries, compiling addendums, and guiding the internal team through review and scoring phases.
- Assist the project team during contract negotiations, ensuring favorable terms.
- Transition to the role of Contract Administrator post contract award, ensuring adherence to all contractual terms and conditions throughout project execution.
- Facilitate multiple project processes such as Requests for Information (RFIs), Change Order Requests (CORs), and invoice management.
- Promote contract compliance and educate the project team on contractual obligations throughout the project lifecycle.
What You'll Bring:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis in technical, engineering, construction management, or supply chain.
- Construction and engineering industry experience with a preference for candidates with:
- 5+ years supporting an Owner or Utility sourcing and/or contract administration team
- 5+ years of field construction management experience
- 3+ years supporting contract negotiations of large capital construction and procurement contracts
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in multiple contracting strategies with an ability to analyze complex problems and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership in guiding a large, complex team through a bidding event from inception to conclusion.
- Proficient in computer software programs (e.g., email, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Strong contract development skills including risk mitigation, performance standards and measures, innovative pricing, and value-added opportunities with suppliers.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Preferable experience in large, utility scale thermal and renewable construction projects.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.