Our mission driven technology partner is seeking a highly skilled Senior Data Solution Engineer to join their team in either Madison, WI or Austin, TX (this is a direct hire role – no C2C). As a Data Solution Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and implementing data solutions for our customers and team. You will be responsible for working closely with our customers to understand the data needs of today and tomorrow. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work on diverse projects, solve complex problems, and contribute to the success of our data-driven initiatives. This is an onsite role Monday – Thursday with Friday as remote.
What You'll Do:
- Client Collaboration: Engage with clients to understand their data requirements and challenges. Serve as a strong technical counterpart and trusted advisor to customer success and government relations teams.
- Data Solution Design: Translate business requirements to analytical dashboard designs and operational data delivery solutions that meet the needs of a diverse and growing user audience.
- Data Management: Leverage deep knowledge of relational databases to design and optimize schemas, queries, and data movement (ETL) strategies.
- Problem Solving: Tackle new and complex data-related problems with creativity and a structured approach. Identify opportunities for simplification, process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data engineering, data modeling, and use of AI.
- Architecture analysis: Understand data from source to target and inform design, considering optimal methods for data capture, logging, transformation, warehousing, and delivery.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in data engineering, data warehouse design, or a related role.
- Proficiency in database systems such as MySQL and BigQuery
- Strong SQL programming skills with the ability to write complex queries and optimize database performance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work on new and challenging data problems.
- Experience with data management, ETL processes, and data movement techniques in Cloud infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication and customer-facing skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with data visualization tools to develop dashboards and reports.
- Preferred: Experience with Python for data manipulation, scripting, or automation.
Median Salary Range: $120,000 plus equity
If the median doesn’t align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The median listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.